Chapter Four

THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE COLLEGE I REPEAT THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE COLLEGE

__________

I feel a hand shaking my shoulder and I force my eyes open.

My Mom is standing over me.

"It's time to get up."

"Ew." I groan. "What time is it?!"

"It's eight thirty."

"Eight thirty?! What, are you trying to kill me?"

"We're going college shopping today." She says. "You leave for Oregon in a month. You need to get some stuff and get it packed and in your car before we put it on a ferry with Liam's truck to California. Now get up."

"Can't we go shopping at, like, noon?!" I moan.

"Fine, go back to sleep."

"Thank you."

She walks out of my room and I pull the covers over my head.

After a minute, I hear her talking in the living room.

Footsteps come down the hall and a second later, the covers are ripped off of my body.

"Oh my god!" I pull the pillow over my head.

"Get up." Liam orders. "We're going school shopping."

"Go away!" I groan at him.

"Savannah, you literally went to bed at nine thirty. You've slept for eleven hours. Get up," he says.

"No."

I hear footsteps, and a moment later, something wet hits my back.

"Ugh, what the fuck Liam!" I sit up in bed, pushing my wild blonde hair off f my forehead. "What was that?"

He holds up a spray bottle. "Whatever's in this."

"That's hairspray." I complain.

"You better go wash it off your back before it dries!" he points to the bathroom.

I glare at him and stand up.

"Make my bed since you ruined it." I point to my mattress.

He rolls his eyes at me, "I'm not your bitch."

I flash him the middle finger and walk to the bathroom.

I use the restroom and wash the hairspray off my back. I brush my teeth and my hair, and then I wander back to my room.

My blanket is back on my bed.

I raise my eyebrows and look at my best friend, "wait, you actually made my bed?"

He shrugs, "you told me to."

"I was kidding," I reply. "But thank you."

"You're welcome."

_________

I sit in the car with my Mom and Liam's Mom, Liam sitting on the left side of me.

"So Savannah, have you picked your roommate yet?"

Liam found a guy and picked him fairly quickly. He's better at reading people through the internet than I am.

"Uh, I'm trying to decide between two girls," I reply.

"What do they look like?" she asks.

See, the roommate process is a little annoying.

Basically, the college has you take a personality test, and then it sends you a list of people of your same sex and grade that are similar in personality to you. the list includes things like social media and phone numbers.

I sorted through them and came down to four, but one of them was kinda weird and the other one had a very questioning and dark Instagram.

Now I'm stuck between two girls. One of them is blonde with hazel eyes and the other girl is a brunette with brown eyes. The blonde is named Maggie and the brunette is Sofia.

"One is blonde and the other is brunette."

"I told you that you should just pick Sofie. Maggie seems slutty."

"Liam, that's rude." Amelia says.

He shrugs in response.

"Which one is Maggie?" Amelia asks a moment later.

"She's the blonde."

"I kind of agree with Liam. The girl posts very revealing pictures on her Instagram. I don't want her convincing Savannah that it's okay to expose herself like that."

"How many followers does she have on Instagram?" Liam asks.

"I don't know how to check that." I reply.

When we started going through the roommate process, Liam sat me down and explained how important social media is to get to know somebody, so he did a photo shoot and make me take a ton of pictures and he set up my Instagram. My account is set to private but he went around our high school snapping at people to follow me on Instagram.

I have over a hundred followers, which Liam told me isn't a lot, but it is when you only made the account two months ago.

Liam takes my phone from my hand and unlock it with my pin.

How does he always know my password?

I roll my eyes and watch as he opens my Instagram.

He taps the screen a few times and then he frowns.

"She has over four thousand. I don't think you should go with her."

"Why?"

"Because she's giving me a weird vibe."

"Well how many does the other girl have?" Amelia asks.

Liam starts tapping my screen again.

"Eight hundred and thirty two," he says. "I think you should pick Sofie."

He taps my screen a few times again, "I mean, look what Maggie just posted." He hands my my phone and it shows her with a brown stick in her hand.

A blunt.

"Okay, let me text Sofie."

"What did she post?" Mom asks.

Liam leans forward to show our parents the picture of Maggie smoking marijuana.

"I would be much more comfortable if you picked Sofie." Mom says immediately. "And when you get there, don't go near that girl."

She acts like I'm never going to be around people that smoke. Most of the people my age smoke.

I look at Liam and roll my eyes. He puts his hand over his mouth to cover his laughter.

"So what day are our cars shipping to California? And what day are we flying out?"

"We're flying out next week as a family because you guys have orientation and you're meeting your roommates." Mom says. "Move in date is the ninth, so we will fly out on the eighth. The cars will be shipped on the second, so you have a week and a half."

I look at Liam and he grins, shrugging at me. "It's crazy," he begins. "In a week and a half, we're going to be in college."

_________

Again I'll repeat myself THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE COLLEGE

~Sam