Chapter Twenty Three

After you finish reading, read the underlined part at the bottom of the page IT'S IMPORTANT

I'm bulk posting this while driving stopped behind a bus for you guys lol

_________

He was sniffling the entire way home but kept his face turned away from me.

Eventually I reached over and grabbed his hand and just held it the entire way back, only pulling away to put on the defrost when ice started forming on the windows.

I pull into the University parking lot and park in my usual spot, shutting off the engine.

The sound of his sniffles fills the car.

I unbuckle my seatbelt and get out, grabbing our bags from the back seat.

I decide against going to his dorm because it's clear across campus, it's below ten degrees, and my dorm is closer.

Plus he's upset and I'm not making him walk that far.

I open the passenger door and he gets out of the car, reaching out to take the bags from me.

I pull my dorm keys from the pocket of my sweatshirt and walk towards Bean Hall, the building my dorm is in.

It's winter break so hardly anybody is here.

When I press my card against the lock and the light flashes green, I pull the door open and step aside.

I'm not shocked when there isn't a single person in sight seeing how it's two forty five in the morning and everyone is on break.

I lead him to the elevators and hist the button.

The doors open because the elevator was on the first floor.

I get on with him and hit the floor number.

"Here," I hand him my key. "Go to the dorm, okay? I'm just going to run to the bathroom."

He nods.

The doors open on my floor and I step off, taking my bag from his hand.

"Are you going to be long?" he mumbles.

"No, just a few minutes." I offer him a soft smile.

"Alright."

He carries his bag down the hall and I go into the girls bathroom.

I lean against the sink and sigh slowly, and then my eyes well with tears and I press them into the palms of my eyes because I can't walk in there looking like I was crying.

I need to be strong for him.

I splash cold water on my face and dry off with my shirt, and then I remove my shirt outside of the stall.

Any girls that are here have their roommates change in front of them all the time.

I take my pants off and dig through my bag in my bra and underwear.

I find a gray long sleeve pajama shirt and a pair of red and black plaid pajama pants.

I do a quick sweep of the bathroom before I take off my bra and pull on my shirt. I pull on my pajama pants, brush my teeth, and shove everything back into my bag.

I grab my phone off the counter and carry my stuff to my dorm, knocking on the door.

A moment later the door is opened and I slip inside, tossing my duffel bag in the corner.