Chapter Twelve

I know I just posted like an hour ago but these chapters are collecting dust in my "new story" folder on my laptop, so here's another one, since you guys are good readers and I love you all so much lol

_________

I followed him as he went back to his dorm and before the door could shut, I slipped into his room.

He removed all his clothes down to his boxers and got in bed without saying a word.

I kind of stand there awkwardly as he situates himself.

I've comforted Liam as a friend, but not as a girlfriend.

Is it different?

I kick off my shoes and my coat wearing only leggings and a t-shirt, and I climb up into bed with him.

If it were you, what would you want him to do?

Cuddle.

I would want cuddles.

Boys like cuddles too, right?

I crawl to the front of his bed and slip under the covers beside him, resting my head on the same pillow as his, our faces inches apart.

His eyes lock with mine, and I shift slightly to get more comfortable.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I whisper.

"She called my Dad."

Amelia called Liam's father? Why the hell would she do that?

"For what?" I ask him.

"To find me somewhere to stay." He mumbles. "He's back, Savvy. He's living in Waipahu. He offered for me to stay there with him. And his wife. And his child. Why do my parents keep having kids? Why am I not good enough to them? Why did my Dad leave and have another one? And why does my Mom let Andrew treat me like that? Why don't they care about me? Nobody cares about me."

"I care about you." I murmur lifting my hand to his cheek. "I love you."

"I love you, too." He mumbles.

I move my hand from his cheek to his hair, moving gently to brush a few tendrils off of his forehead.

And it's just...his lips are right there, and I really want to kiss him, but I'm not sure how he's going to react.

And it's not the time. He's really upset right now, and I don't want this to be the memory of our first kiss.

"What are you thinking about?" he whispers.

I run my fingers through his hair again.

"You," I murmur. "I'm thinking about you. Us."

He reaches out and puts his hand on my back, sliding his fingers under my shirt to touch my bare skin. He pulls me closer to him and I find myself putting my left leg over his body.

"I know it feels like you don't have a family right now," I begin softly. "But one day, five or six years down the road, you will. We will. We're going to be the parents that you never got to have. Our kids won't have to wonder why they weren't loved, because they will be." I slide my thumb along his jawline and look into his eyes. "We're gonna have that house you always wanted, in a very, very save neighborhood, where the crime level is so low, the last thing that happened was an argument over prices at the convenience store. We're going to have a dog, and kids, and an amazing life. What happened in the past will be the past, and our biggest worry will be the roof leaking."