Chapter Thirteen

If there's anybody you want pictures of just let me know

_________

Liam holds my hand as we shuffle off the plane. My duffle bag is thrown over my shoulder and he's carrying his.

When we exit the gate, my eyes search the crowd to look for my parents.

I catch my Dad looking at the board, but my Mom notices us first.

She rushes over to us and pulls me into a hug.

"Oh my gosh, Savannah, your hair got so long!" She exclaims.

Did it though?

Dad hugs Liam, and then Mom switches from me to Liam and Dad hugs me.

"Look at you two, all grown up." Mom smiles. "Don't worry about jackets here. It's not snowing."

"It never snows here." I laugh.

She smiles and walks towards the exit and I smile too, but I know my happiness won't last long, especially since we don't have a car here.

We can just walk.

We make our way to the car and I put my bag in the trunk with Liam's.

Mom gets in the passenger seat, Dad drives, and Liam and I get in the back.

Right when my seatbelt is on, I pull out my phone and text Sofie.

Me: I miss UO it's so hot here dude I might die

Sofie: same. Plus my parents are annoying me keep asking me questions and shit and frowning whenever I touch my phone

Me: we just landed but im sure mine are gonna start soon. And they're going to lay down the "rules" for me and liam.

Sofie: FUCK that bro. imu so much youre my best friend

Me: imu too dude. Cant wait to go back to Oregon

Sofie: tbh I love it there so much, might just move there for good after college

Me: same!!!!

Me: okay I gotta go mom keeps questioning me

I lock my phone screen and force myself to tell her all about Sofie and all about the campus and how much fun I'm having.

After a grueling thirty five minutes, Dad pulls the car into the driveway.

"Now, you guys can go put your bags down, but come back to the living room. We need to have a talk."

"Okay." I say.

I get out of the car and grab my bag from the trunk, looking around the neighborhood.

Aiden is outside getting something from his car, Liam follows my gaze as he gets his bag, and I see him frown right away. Aiden shuts the door of his car and stops short when he sees us outside.

After the screaming match in junior year, I begged Liam to let it go, so he went from screaming at Aiden every time he saw him to passing glares.

But things have changed now, and I think that part of the reason why Liam doesn't want to murder Aiden right now is because Liam won.

Liam told me he and Aiden had a thing for me in elementary.

And Liam knows he won't.

He got the girl.