Chapter Fifteen

I took my time getting out of bed, because by the time I woke up, family that I haven't seen since I was ten were hanging out in my living room.

On top of that, I heard my Mom telling everyone that Aria's dad was going to be coming over every now and again to hang out too.

I think it's sweet she wants her Dad to kind of join the family, too.

The doorbell rang about ten minutes ago and Liam is currently in the shower.

I just got out, so I'm taking the opportunity to get dressed.

I want to look at least semi decent, but all of my good holiday clothes are sweaters because it's not eighty degrees in Oregon right now.

I decided to just wear a pink laced up sweater, a pair of dark jeans, and some white socks.

If we leave the house I'll throw on some boots.

I brush out my hair and put it up halfway so part of it is in a bun and the other part is down. I curl it, and by the time I finish that, Liam comes walking into the room in a pair of black jeans and a gray t-shirt.

His hair is left floppy, but I think he looks adorable.

"You look cute," he notes. "Stand up so I can get a good look at you."

I rise out of my desk chair and turn to him.

He walks around my body nodding his head.

"Nice outfit. And I'm loving your hair all curled up like that." He reaches out and twirls one of my curls around his finger.

A moment later, I hear a knock on the bedroom door.

Liam pulls it open and my Mom sticks her head in.

"You two need to come out here, okay? The whole family is here and Aria's Dad is here, too."

"Okay." I say to her.

"Now, Savannah." She warns.

"Alright, we're coming," I reply.

She turns around and walks down the hallway, shutting the door behind her.

I turn to Liam.

"I'm nervous," I tell him.

"If it's too much, we can wait a little while and I'll call us an uber. We can go to Barnes and Noble." He shrugs.

"Really?" I ask.

"Really," he kisses my forehead and grabs my phone off my side table, handing it to me.

Liam has met my family before. This isn't the first time they've come to stay here for the holidays, but the last time I saw them was the last time he saw them.

I put my phone in my pocket and open the bedroom door, heading down the hallway.

When I reach the opening to the living room, I stop short when I see the man standing there.

My hand slams over my mouth and I back up, slamming into Liam.

"What?" he asks. "What's wrong."

"Mr. Coleman!" I hiss.

"Who?" he asks.

"Mr. Coleman, Liam! Our AP Physics teacher in junior year? First period?"

"What does he have to do with anything?" he looks confused.

"He's standing in the living room!" I whisper shout.

"What?" he peeks his head from behind the wall and immediately ducks back to look at me, and then back towards the living room. "You're not related to him," his face screws up in confusion.