Chapter Six

Savannah Noel

The feeling of my mattress sinking down causes me to stir in my sleep.

"Sav, get up." A voice mumbles.

I make a small noise of protest and shift in bed, opening one guy to see who it is.

Liam.

Liam is actually in my room without me having to ask him first?

Confused, I move my eyes to the clock on my desk.

7:03AM.

"It's Saturday!" I complain.

"Come with me to breakfast." Liam says.

"But it's Saturday!"

"Please?" he asks. "Come with me. I miss you."

I huff, "well that's funny considering I've practically been the least important person in your life since Maria walked in," I practically spat her name.

He runs his fingers through his hair.

"Well I broke up with her. She was controlling," he says.

My eyes immediately narrow.

His eyes are shifty. Liam is always good with eye contact.

He's lying.

I open my mouth to call him out on his shit but end up closing it instead.

First of all, why does Liam feel he needs to lie to me of all people? Second of all, what does he mean? Maria is controlling? What did the bitch do?

That's my focus. What did she do to him?

I sit up, vaguely aware of Sofie sitting across the room.

"What did she do to you?" I ask, putting my hand on his back.

"She just didn't like when I wasn't with her." He shrugs.

I huff.

"Well I was here first," I begin, "and I'm way more important than she is." I pause. What if I'm not important to him anymore? Since he's barely seen me. I can't help it when I add the next part. "Right?"

Liam looks at me, holding eye contact. "Right."

Sofie snorts loudly and stands up, shaking her head.

"I literally can't watch this. It's hard to see and it physically hurts my mind." She opens the door to the dorm, walking out into the hall in her pajamas.

The door slams shut behind her, leaving me alone with Liam.

"What is she talking about?" I ask him.

"I don't know." He says. "Can you please get ready? I'm starving."

I rub my hands on my face and nod, putting my hand on his thigh as I hop down from my bed.

"I mean, what did she do?" I continue on about Maria. "Did she just, like, tell you that you're not allowed to see me anymore? God, what a bitch." I turn to him. "What's her room number? What residence hall is she in? I want to talk to her."

I can physically see his shoulders go down as he sighs. He rubs his temples, "please don't say anything to her. Please?"

I huff, pulling a pair of jeans out of my drawer.

"Fine. I won't say anything to her."

"Thank you."

I get out a pair of leggings to wear under my jeans, followed by a tank top and then a long sleeve shirt.