Chapter Nineteen

So I have chapters written up until twenty three so I MIGHT bulk post them later because I'm starting a third book today (you guys obviously aren't there yet) and I really want you guys in the third book soon because some good stuff happens :)

_________

Chapter Theme Song is: I'm Movin' On by Rascal Flatts

I didn't give a reason to Aria and Danielle on why we had to leave, but they obviously knew it was urgent when I stood up so fast I knocked my ice cream on the floor and started frantically using napkins to clean it up, telling them we needed to leave.

Within five minutes the baby was strapped into the car seat and I was driving down the interstate.

I turn onto our street and see a silver Nissan Rogue sitting out front of my house, with a red Dodge Durango behind it, which is the Evans family car.

Without hesitation, I pull into the driveway and shut off the engine, handing the keys to Aria as I blindly get out.

They're not in the front yard.

I push the front door open and see half the family plastered to the back window.

They all turn around when I rush into the house.

"Where-"

"They're in the back yard," Noah says.

I push open the sliding glass door and my stomach lurches at the sight of him.

He'sleans against the back fence while they're talking to him. His hands are in hi pockets and he's looking down, shaking his head repeatedly. His Dad is here, his birth father is here.

The man that walked out when he was a child is here.

His Mom is here, Andrew is here, some kid I don't recognize that must be his Dad's daughter, and a woman I don't know that must be his Dad's wife.

And they're all talking to him and he's just shaking his head and I can see every single vein popping out of both his arms and I know him well enough to know how hard he's trying not to completely lose it in front of everyone.

The sound of the back door opening makes every head turn, and forces Liam to look up.

I mean, what the hell is this? Some fucking cult?

I look at Liam. I look at the pain in his eyes, and I know deep down what I have to do, even if I don't want to.

"Liam," I speak up. "Come here."

"Oh, we're talking to him," Amelia says.

I ignore her.

Liam kind of looks around the group and then walks over to me.

When he reaches me, I put my hand on his back and look at him.

"I'm going to call an Uber to Honolulu international airport," I tell him softly, "And I'm putting you on the first flight back to Oregon."

He shakes his head and he looks like he's going to cry.

"I can't, I don't get paid until Friday," he bites his lip and looks like he's going to start crying.

"I have money, I'll pay for it."

"What about you?" he whispers.

"I'll follow behind you tomorrow, okay? There's just a few things I have to finish up here first."