Chapter 1

Chauntel's POV*

Today is my first day of High school as  a freshman at Westlake High School in Atlanta, Georgia.

I'm so scared I don't know what to do. My mom Cynthia is with me but when she leaves, I don't know where to go. Like, I'm so nervous.

Me: mom, I'm so nervous. I'm not gone no where to go, I don't no nobody.

Cynthia: Girl, if you don't calm down. You gone be alright. I know how you feel babygirl. But just get yourself together.

Me: Ok Mom!

Cynthia: alrighty then let's get this over with, cause I gotta go to work in a few.

*I get my schedule and the administrator guides me to class.

Chauntel's POV*

I walked into the classroom. The teacher was so jolly, like he was so happy. I'm looking at him like why you so happy.

Teacher: Hi, I'm Mr.Guerrero. I am the English teacher, please have a seat, anywhere!

Me: Ok? Why are you so happy?

Mr.Guerrero: Because it's the first day of school and I get to teach the newbies.

I looked at him all confused.

Me: You can't be serious. But imma sit down though.

Chauntel's POV*

After that craziness happened, I found a seat and sat next to this boy. He was so fine. Oh my God! He was beautiful, he had a nice smile and and very pretty face. Ha! But I had no chance with him.

Cam Newton's POV*

This girl sat next to me in class. Man, she's beautiful. She got a nice body, a pretty smile, face is all that. But I don't think she likes me though. I'm just gone introduce myself.

Me: Hey, I'm Cameron. People call me Cam.

Chauntel: Hi, I'm Chauntel. People call me.... Chauntel.

I laughed.

Me: Soooo, where you from?

Chauntel: I'm from Compton. Where you from?

Me: I'm from here.

Chauntel: Cool, you look like a basketball player. You play basketball?

Me: Sometimes, but I'm really a football player.

Chauntel: Oh cool, you like a quarterback or something?

Me: Yeah, how you know?

Chauntel: A lucky guess.

Me: Oh ok. But I just wanna tell you that you very pretty.

Chauntel: aww, thanks! You're cute too.

I started blushing.

Me: so you want to go out?

Chauntel: i got a boyfriend. sorry, but we can be friends.

Me: Yeah we can do that, but imma still flirt with you.

Chauntel laughed.

Chauntel: Ok, sure.

* The bell rings, and Cam follows Chauntel to your next class.

Me: well I'll see you later.

Chauntel: okay, buddy.

Chauntel's POV *

His name is Cameron, He's very nice. He's sweet, I love his smile. He likes me too. Yes! But I'm with John. I think I broke Cameron's heart when I told him. He gone be alright.