Chapter 30

I don't know what it said. I just put it in my pocket.

Cam*

I see Chauntel sitting in front of me, looking different. She looks older in a good way. She's beautiful times 10. I know i messed up, but I hope she finds it in her heart to forgive me. I messed up the worst way. she probably got a man, but I just want her to forgive me right now. I wrote her note since we were taking a test. She didn't open it. I could understand why but I hope she reads it.

Chauntel*

Ughh, i kinda feel bad. I wanna open it but then i dont. I'm over Cam. Cam was my past and I'm not finna make him my future. Uh, but he looks so damn beautiful.

Class was over and i ran out the door.

Heather: damn girl you better be ready to go.

Me: Hell yeah. Boring ass class.

I saw Cam walk away. I wanted to talk to him, but I decided not to.

Heather: hey, Chauntel Coach Cihzik wants to see us.

Chauntel: uh, ok?

Me and Heather went to see Coach Cihzik. He was big room with all the football players. It seemed like they was having a meeting.

Coach: boys, say hello to your new assistant managers.

Me: what the fuck? What is that?

Heather: go to the games for free. She whispered.

Heather knows I love me some football.

Me: ooh, shit. I mean shoot.

Coach: you guys get to help out with the team. I guess. I don't know just congratulations. Ok.

Michael: drinks on me!

Me: you broke as fuck. Stop trying, mmkay? Okkk.

Everyone laughed.

I felt Cam staring at me. I do miss him.

Michael: aye, Y'all partying tonight?

Everybody: Yup.

Michael: Cam?

Cam: Yeah

Cam going to the party, the perfect time for us to talk.

That night*

I wore a black shirt with some ripped jeans and my jordans. I looked to my right and see the note. I'm not even gone read it. I kept looking at it. I walked towards it. Heather bust in the room.

Heather: Chauntel, what's taking you so long we gone be late.

Me: sorry, here I come.

I brought the note with me.

We got to the party. It was crowded but I wasn't worried about it. I was looking for Cam. Heather went to go talk to Jacob.

After looking and searching for Cam, i finally found him. He was talking to the other football players.

Me: hey guys.

Other football players: heyyy.

Cam: sup

Me: hey Cam, can we talk?

Cam: Yeah, where we gone get some privacy?

Me: let's go upstairs.

Me and Cam went upstairs into cozy looking room.

Me: this looks like a nice area to talk.

Cam: yup.. soo how you been?

Me: I've been ok. You?

Cam: not really. You should know why.

Me: i do. Cam--

Cam: let me say something first. Baby, I'm sorry for cheating on you, treating you so wrong. Not being the man you wanted me to be. I'm sorry, ok? All I want you to do is forgive me. We don't have to be back together, but I want us to be cool again. I mean you was the only one that was there for me. I miss that.

I started to tear up.

Me: Cam, you did me wrong. You did. But that was a long time ago, I'm so over that. I moved on why haven't you?

Cam: because I still care about you.

Me: look, I care about you too, I miss what we had, It was fun. I'm not gone lie, I miss you so much. But i moved on.

Cam: I understand. So that means you forgive me?

Me: yes Cam, i forgive you.

Me and Cam hugged then he kissed me on the forehead.

Cam: hey, I'm glad we cool again. Hey! Did you read that note?

Me: oh no! But I did bring it with me.

I opened the note in front of him. It says.