Chapter 24

Dad: Hey, what's up?

Me: umm, nothing. It's good seeing you, I lied.

I can't believe my Dad is here right now, he needs to leave before my mom get here.

Dad: it's good seeing you, he said as he hugged me.

Dad: How you been?

Me: i been good? Umm, whatchu doing here?

Dad: look, I came looking for you and yo momma. I just want things to go back to normal.

Me: back to normal? Like selling drugs again? Were you being followed? Cause I don't want nobody shooting up the house again like they did in Compton.  Me and mom felt safe every since we left, plus your son Chaun, who you probably forgot about, is now living with us, so you don't have worry bout everything going back to normal when it's already normal.

He looked hurt inside.

Dad: I bet it is, I'll leave. But before i leave, i know i haven't been in your life like that  because of my ways... but i did it so i could support yall and yall just left. At first I didn't know why then i started to realize it was because I was a dope dealer and yall life was in danger. But now I'm a changed man, I changed Chauntel. But I can't be around, if yall don't want me to be around.

Me: i want you around, but why now? Why when im just graduating from high school, and trying to be on my own? Why you couldn't be this "changed man" before? I wanted you to pop up for so long. Why now?

Dad: Because, I had some thinking to do. I was nervous to show up because first, i couldn't contact you guys and second i thought yall moved on for good. I thought yall was done with me, like never wanted to see me again.

I hugged him.

Me: I'm sorry if you felt that way, but she was worried about you and gave up on you so we left.

Dad: I know, and I wanna make it up to yall. I made mistakes, I did but can you find it in your heart to forgive me?

I thought about it for a while.

Me: Dad?

Dad: yes?

Me: I forgive you. I don't think Mom will.

Dad: thanks Chauntel. I hope she does.

We hugged for a long time..

Me: me too. You don't mind if I ask you something?

Dad: no, what's wrong?

Me: ohh nothing, but do you know a girl named Jasmin?