Chapter 5

Cam*

I'm glad I told her how I feel. I feel some much better. She feels the same way about me. That's a good feeling. But, she don't want to the relationship thing right now, and I understand. I ain't rushing her, I'mma still be there for her.

Chauntel*

Finally, Fuck! I thought he will never tell me how he really feels about me. I knew he liked me from the beginning, but he said he loved me though. Like he in love with me. I'm glad to say I feel the same way about him. But my mom will be here next week I can't wait to see her. I missed her so much. I'm finna call her.

Cynthia: hello?

Me: Hey mom! How are you?

Cynthia: I'm ok, how about you?

Me: I'm good. You ready to come see me?

Cynthia: yeah about that.

Me: ugh, let me guess. You not gone be able to come.

Cynthia: umm, Chauntel?

Me: yeah?

Cynthia: i have cancer.

me: WHAT?!? Mom are you kidding me?

Cynthia: babygirl,  I love you and your brother very much. Ain't no telling how long imma be on this Earth. But when it comes to an end just know that I love you guys. I haven't been in Chaun's life that much because I couldn't take care of him. I'm still going to come see you guys, but you guys gotta help me out.

Me: don't worry bout that mom. We will do the best we can. I love you mom.

Cynthia: i love you too. And tell Chaun for me. He's not going to like it, but he needs to know what's going on before it's too late.

Me: ok.

I hung up and began crying. Why is this happening to me? Why? I don't deserve this, she don't deserve this. Chaun is going to be mad.

Chaun*

I just got off work, I'm finna head home. I hope Chauntel cooked something, cuz I'm hungrier than a motherfucka. I walked to my car, I looked to my left, I saw John with a gun in his hand pointing that shit at me.

John: you thought I forgot, you fuck nigga.

Me: if you don't get that gahdamn watergun out my face.

John: haha! Very funny motherfucka,  but imma show you and that other bitch nigga Cam what I'm about.

Me: you can point a gun, but you can't fight. Yous the bitch.

Next thing I know he pulls the trigger. I go down, slowly. Screaming for help. HELPPPPPP! After that, I blacked out.