Phases Of The Moon (Pt. 2)

TJ knocked on Damion's door aggressively before he opened it. Damion rubbed his eye's staring at the boy as if he was crazy. "What the hell..." Damion stopped when he saw tears in TJ's eyes. "Are you okay?" Damion asked pulling the boy into the cold home. "What happened?" Damion asked running into the kitchen to get some food out of the fridge. "I-I told Alex that I kissed you..." TJ spoke through his tears. Damion clinched onto his cup tightly as he continued to make hot tea. "Is that all?" Damion said warming up the tea. "N-no, he said he wanted to talk to his friend Aidan for a second, so I let him. I wanted to watch TV, so I walked into the guest room to ask." TJ's voice started to cackle as he continued. "What happened?" Damion said taking a seat next to TJ. "He was kissing him..." TJ managed to speak.

Everything went silent for a couple of seconds before the teapot started to whistle. Damion slowly walked towards the pot and moved it onto a colder surface. "I-I've never felt this way before. I there something wrong with me?" TJ spoke looking at his hands watching them shake uncontrollably. "There's nothing wrong with you. You're just in love and you got hurt." Damion said pouring TJ his cup of tea. "Well, I hate it. I HATE IT, I HATE IT, I HATE IT... I HATE HIM!" TJ shouted as tears started streaming down his face. Damion almost dropped the tea getting over to TJ so quickly wrapping him into his arms. "You don't hate him. You love him... that's why you feel this way." Damion spoke rubbing circles in the boys back turning his Anger into sorrow. "He told me he wasn't mad," TJ spoke softly into the boy's chest. "I'm sure he's not. He just was trying to get revenge. I'm sure he regrets everything." Damion spoke.

Both boys sat outside on a bench swing swaying back and forth slowly. Both boys were gazing up at the night sky noticing it was almost a full moon.

Damion's POV:

I could see the reflection of the moon in TJ's eyes bringing out the brighter shades of blue that I never noticed before. It was as if I was staring into the ocean. Each star represented a small wave in his eyes. We were so close I could feel his body radiating heat onto mine sending chills down my spine. "You know you can tell me to go home." He spoke so I could barely hear him. He seemed so broken so lost. I just wanted to fix him and show him the way. "You know you could have just walked out when you wanted to, right?" I joked as he gripped onto my shirt harder. "Does he love him?" he spoke looking at me with his sparkling green eyes. I couldn't help but smile. "I am your friend... So I won't lie to you. I'm not sure if he loves that boy or not, but what I do know is that he loves you and that's all that matters." I said rubbing the boy's shoulder. I could tell that he zoned out while looking into my eyes. "Earth to TJ," I said causing him to snap out of it. "I'm sorry." He spoke with a small smile on his face. His voice echoed through my brain for a moment almost causing me to zone out as he did. "Damion?" He said quickly snapping me out of the trance I was in. "Yes?" I asked looking down at the boy. "How do you feel about the forbidden rule?" He asked taking me completely by surprise. "Well... In my opinion, I think it is stupid. I feel that if you truly love a person, you should be with them. That is if they are of age of course." Damion finished looking up at the starry sky. TJ said nothing and just laid his head on my shoulder closing his eyes. I could feel myself get warm as he started to snore a bit.

A million thoughts were racing through my head at one time. It felt like my head was about to explode. Why did he make me feel this way? Was it the mark? UGHHH.

After my mini mental freak-out, I laid my head on top of his closing my eyes as we both fell asleep in each other's arms.