Chapter 6

I walk over to the gym feeling amazing, and my head is clear for the first time that I can remember. I go into the gym, and the front desk girl beams at me. I smile back at her as I walk past the desk to the changing room. I quickly change and head out to do my workout. I put in my earbuds and put on my workout playlist. I blare the Papa Roach song Last Resort I run on the treadmill for about an hour and do free weights for another hour. I feel the best I have in a very long time. I'm dripping in sweat as I finish my workout. I decided that I will take a shower when I get home. The showers at the gym are nasty as all fuck. I decide the walk home will be my cool down. I grab my things and head towards the exit.

"Hey, Riley can I talk to you?" the front desk Camila asks.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"I was wondering if you would like to go out for drinks with me one day?" she asks. I'm not going to lie she is cute but not my type. I remember the deal with my agency.

"I'm sorry, my girlfriend will not like that," I say thanking God that I agreed to pretend to be Jessica's boyfriend.

"Oh, too bad. Lucky girl." She says. I wave goodbye to her.

I finally get home feeling tired from the gym. I grab a sandwich that my mom leaves for me and turn on music. I sit on my couch relaxing while I eat. After I finish eating I go and jump in the shower. I hang out in the hot stream of water that feels fantastic on my sore muscles. I go into my walk-in closet to see what I feel like wearing. I decide on black fitted jeans, black, and white ringer shirt. My hair is styled to perfection at least to me anyways. I throw on my chucks, and I'm out the door. I head up the block to Jack and Kaylee's house.

I get to the stoop and see a group of girls and one of them waves at me, and I wave back. I feel bad because I have forgotten her name. As I pass her to get to the door, she touches my arm and smiles. I hate that shit man! I go inside I do not know a lot of people here they are mostly Kaylee's artist buddies. Jack and Johnny are in the kitchen where Jack is making hamburger patties by hand.

"Hey!" I say.

"You want a drink?" Jack motions to the makeshift bar in the kitchen. I notice the tequila, and it makes my stomach turn. Jack must have noticed me "You want a beer?"

"What kind you got?" I ask.

"Flat tire, Stella," He says.

"Stella," I say as Johnny hands me a beer and an orange wedge. I take a drink, and it's refreshing.

"I am going to go start the grill. I'll be back." Jack says as Johnny follows him to the balcony.

I stay there in the kitchen, and I take a long pull of my beer. I look up from my beer, and I'm stopped in my tracks. I see a girl that has taken my breath away. Fuck me she is gorgeous. She is wearing a flowy peach blouse, short white shorts, and gladiator sandals. Her skin brown in color, so the peach that she is wearing is stunning against her skin tone. I have never been drawn to anyone like this before. I keep staring like an idiot.

"Riley," Jack says snapping me back to the here and now.

"What's up?" I ask.

"I want to introduce you to Ayana. Hey, Ayana, come here a second." Jack says. The girl in the peach blouse walks over to us. I'm stunned! She is Kaylee's best friend.

"Hi, there! It's so nice to meet you." She says with a huge smile. I think to myself she is stunning up close. She is not a skinny twig. She has curves where there should be curves. She is a natural beauty. Johnny pushes me to the side to get right in front of her. I look at Jack and he rolls his eyes, and I shrug slightly.