Chapter 12

I get home and see Kaylee rummaging through my fridge like a mad woman. I clear my throat, so she knows I am there. I don't want to scare her scare because Kaylee has a flair for drama. She looks up at me and stands up quickly.

"Riley, where are all the eggs? I swear I saw a whole crate this morning, I need them for my salad."

"Well, I did have a whole crate there, but this short curly haired guy decided that he needed to make the largest omelet known to man." I laugh as I reach over her grabbing a bottle of water downing it.

"Oh, Jack! I am gonna kill you."

"Sorry, babe I think we have some more at home," Jack says.

"Okay, it's fine, Where did you go Riley?" She asks. I show her the bag from the store and take out the monkey. "Oh gosh, that is adorable! She'll love it! I got something for you too it's on the table in the living room.

I go to the table and see a gift bag. I open the bag and take out the tissue paper inside and see two beautiful frames. In the frames are the photos that Ayana and I took together.

"Kaylee, these are wonderful thank you so much." I go over and give her a bear hug.

"My pleasure Ri, I made a copy of the picture and the original is still in the envelope." She is heading out the door. "Jack, are you coming or staying?"

"I'm staying to get the pit going it takes forever to get going. What are you going to do Riley?"

"I'm going to chill in my room if you don't mind. You can hang out I don't mind."

I go into my room to rest and finishing watching the Breakfast Club. I thought it was good. I'll have to remember to tell Ayana that when I see her. I take off my clothes and decide to take a nap. I guess I am more tired than I thought because I fall asleep almost at once.

"Riley, Riley," Jack says as I open my eyes. " Ayana is on her way home."

" Okay," I say while stretching as I sit up. "Let me put on some clothes. I'll be right out."

"Alright, see you in a few."

I get up and change into shorts and a tank top and decide to take out my contacts and put on my eyeglasses. I go into the kitchen to help Jack marinate the meat. I prep my famous veggies for grilling. I go to the sink to wash my hands, and Jack smiles at me strangely.

"What?" I ask amused.

"You got it bad baby bro."

"Shut up man!"

"No, it's a good thing!"

"Thanks. Where is Kaylee?"

"At the house. Ayana is getting ready."

"Great let's get this meat on the grill," I say. I see Jack grab an apron that is on the counter and it says GOOD LOOKIN' COOKIN' "What the heck is that!" I laugh.

"Kaylee bought it for me today. I like it."

We stand on the front balcony and put all the meat and veggies on it. We see Kaylee and Ayana walking up the street. I get excited to see her walking. I go inside and slip on my shoes quickly. I head down the stoop and meet them on the sidewalk. I feel my smile growing larger by the second.

"Hey, Riley! Kaylee says, and she walks away smiling. "Hi good looking." She yells up to Jack.

"Hey sexy," he screams back down. Ayana and I laugh.

"Hey, I finished the Breakfast Club, pretty decent," I whisper to Ayana. She smiles broadly at me.

"See I told you!" I open the door for her to let her in.