Chapter 13

"Thanks, Kaylee and Jack for setting up the food and drinks," I say with a smile. "I'm sorry we got distracted."

"My pleasure Ri! It's alright." She says. I go and pull Ayana's seat and pull it closer to my chair.

"Thank you, Riley." Ayana smiles at me. I wink at her making her smile more. I sit down next to her. I can't keep my eyes off this beautiful next to me.

"What did Tony say?" I ask.

"We will meet tomorrow to discuss the event. They will pick out some fancy clothing for me to wear."

"That's great Ayana I am so proud of you!" Kaylee says.

"Me, too," I say shoveling the last of my strawberry shortcake in my mouth. "That was delicious Ayana."

"Thank you." She smiles.

Since Jack and Kaylee took over the cooking, Ayana and I decide to clean up. I take everything to the sink. Ayana joins me in the kitchen while Jack and Kaylee settle in the living room. I open the dishwasher, and she begins to hand me the dishes to load. She gives me the last cup. I grab her by the wrist and pull her to me, and I caress her cheek, and I tuck a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"Kiss me," I whisper in her ear. She stands on her tiptoes, and she plants her lips onto mine. I grip the back of her head to deepen the kiss. I pull away on a low groan. "Let's go and pretend to watch TV with Jack and Kaylee," I say.

"Okay." She giggles.

We go to the living room, and they are watching a comedy, and Jack's loud laugh makes us laugh. They beat us to the bigger couch which leaves us, the smaller one. I look at Jack, and he winks at me making me laugh. I want to snuggle with her but I'm six foot two, and this couch is small as fuck. She sits down all the way to back of, and she pats the spot between her legs. My heart stammers in my chest, and I sit down and settle between her legs. She puts her arms around in my neck in a hug. I grab her hands and kiss them she giggles, and she kisses my cheek.

"Oh, look how cute that is." Jack smiles, and it makes me smile like a loon.

I grab her thigh, and I squeeze it gently. I rub small circles on her legs. I'm content at this moment. She puts her hand over mine. she is stopping my movements, and I look up at her.

"I need to lose weight." She says quietly.

"You're perfect, babe. Is ok that I call you babe?" I ask. "Seriously you're gorgeous."

"Thank you. You can call me babe, baby" She whispers. She kisses my ear and it which send chills down my body.

"I like the sound of you calling me baby."

She runs her fingers down my tattoos, and she stops on the one on my wrist of nautical stars that I got to cover my scars from breaking the mirror last year.

"Is this one new? It feels more raised than the other ones."

"Yeah, I got it last month."

"You like tattoos huh?"

"I love them."

"What about this one?" She asks pointing to the tattoo of mama's name Valeria.

"It's my mama's name," I say with pride.

"It's a beautiful name."

"You're so beautiful baby," I say, and she blushes.

"You know what?"

"What sweetheart?"

"I like guys with tattoos." She cracks a smile.

"Oh, do you now?" I smile. I tickle her side. She squirms and burst out laughing.