Chapter 22

We get back in the cab, and Ayana snuggles into me. I caress her back, and I look in the mirror, and the cab driver smiles at us. He looks at me as if dawns on him who I am.

"Hey you're in that movie 'Love Is' right?" he asks looking at me through the mirror.

"Yeah, that's me," I say. 

"I took my girl to see it last night. It was terrific. Chick flicks ain't my thing, but I liked it. Good job bro."

"Thanks. I appreciate it."

"Hey, would you mind if I get a picture with you. I'll waive the cab fee. I want to show my girl."

"Sure no problem at all but I got to keep my sunglasses on. I had a bit of an accident last night."

"No problem. My girl will be excited that I met you."

He pulls up in front of Jack and Kaylee's place. The first thing we notice is a massive man standing out in front of the house. I help Ayana get out of the cab, and I grab our bags. The Cab driver gives his phone to Ayana. I stand next to the cab driver, and we take our photo. I sign his hat for him and is on his way.

The man standing in front of the house approaches us and fuck he is enormous. He looks tough as nails in a leather jacket. I hold onto Ayana because I don't know if he is with the press. 

"You Riley and Ayana?" he asks with a booming voice to match his massive frame. 

"Yeah," I say holding tightly to Ayana's hand. 

"I'm Bruno Stavos I am the guard that the NYPD sent. Nice to meet you both." 

"Nice to meet you too," I say. I shake Bruno's hand, and Ayana surprises us both by hugging him. I'm relieved that he is not the press. I take a deep breath. 

"Thank you." She says with a smile. Though he looks scary as all hell, he smiles broadly at her. "Can I get you something to drink?"

"You're very welcome." He says. "Water would be nice." We head into the house, and there is no one home. 

"Can you get Bruno some water please?" Ayana says. 

"Okay, babe." I grab the last bottle in the fridge and head out the door to hand it to Bruno. "Here you go, man. Thanks for taking care of Ayana."

"My pleasure." He says drinking down the water. I head back into the house.

"I need to call my mom," Ayana says. I had her my phone. I need to get another phone. 

"Are you hungry my love?" 

"No. What is there to drink?" She says while dialing the phone.