Chapter 18

I sit up fast in the bed and if I wasn't fully awake before I sure the fuck am now. I move to the side of the bed. I'm pissed that Tony is yelling at me again. 

"What the fuck are you yelling about," I yell back. Ayana awakes on a jump looking startled. "Sorry I scared you, babe." I kiss her temple and feel guilty for scaring her.

"What's wrong?" she asks. I hold up a finger telling her to hold on a second.

"What the fuck do you want Tony!"

"Look up your name online NOW!" Tony snaps and hangs up. What the hell is going on now?

"Are you ok?" Ayana asks worriedly.

"Yes, baby. Tony says I should look up my name online."

"He couldn't just tell you?"

"He wouldn't be Tony if he did that. He's dramatic as fuck. I begin to type my name in the search engine and BAM! A picture pops up of Ayana and me kissing on the hospital bed. "What the FUCK?" The headline reads 'Riley Ryan a Cheater?' "Shit."

"Oh my goodness! I'm sorry Riley. I've ruined everything for you." Ayana says upset.

"Babe, no you haven't," I say kissing every inch of her face. "But I tell you what someone in this hospital is about to lose their fucking job," I say in a clipped tone not meant for Ayana. "Babe, I am going to make a few calls," I say, and she nods at me.

I pick up my phone and look at all the text messages. The messages range from that of concern and anger from Jessica. There is even a missed call from Johnny, but he didn't leave a message. If Johnny is calling me to give me shit I don't want to hear it. I call Jack, and he answers on the first ring.

"Riley, are you ok?" Jack asks quickly.

"Yeah, man I am. I'm glad that it came out. I'm happy and want everyone to know. What I am pissed about is the way it came out. I don't like that they violated Ayana's privacy like that."

"Well, she is going to be in the limelight now. Are you ready for that?"

"Well, we will see. I hope Ayana will be. I have to talk to her later about that. Right now I want to get her better so we can get her home. Hey, Johnny called too. "

"Oh, shit. What did Johnny say?"

"I missed the call. I was going to have to tell Johnny eventually."

"Don't worry about him. He didn't have a chance."

"Thanks, Jack."

"Hey, Ayana's, mom is on her way from California. It's a surprise. She will be here this afternoon."

"Oh, that's great! I will touch base with you later about that."

"Talk to you later." Jack hangs up.

I look over to Ayana, and she has the TV remote in her hands when she notices me looking at her. Ayana quickly turns the TV off; she seems worried.

"Babe, what's wrong?" I say walking over to her.

"A reporter says I'm a Mystery Woman." She says.

"Babe, forget them." I bend down and kiss her lips. A nurse comes in carrying a tray of food.

"Good morning. I am your day nurse Nique. The Orthopedic doctor will be in after breakfast."

"Thank you," Ayana says eyeballing the food is in front of her. I know she must be starving. They did not let her eat last night in case she needed surgery on her arm. "May I ask you a question?"