Part III

“Na Eun! Na Eun! Na Eun!”, my boss’s high pitched voice distracted me from what I was fixing underneath the car and made me carelessly dropped the wrench on my forehead.

“Ouch! Down here! Damn boss, must you shout my name that loud?”, I hoisted myself out under the car. I stood up and rubbed my now reddish forehead.

Seokjin was walking towards me with a tall, good looking guy beside him.

I have been working for Seokjin three years now, just after I finished high school. College life was not for me, so I decided to do what I love most and that is fixing cars or anything that have to do with cars.

My relationship with my boss is the same with my bestfriends. We don’t treat each other as boss-employee but rather as good friends.

“Na Eun I’d like you to meet my buddy, Namjoon”, he introduced the guy with him.

The first thing I noticed about the man was his smile. He has a set of dimples that made him look more charming. He extended his hand for a handshake.

“Sorry”, I apologized and showed him my greasy hand for not taking his gesture.

“It’s okay”.

“This is Na Eun. My best mechanic. She'll take good care of your car. Oh, did I tell you that she’s still single?”.

I coughed upon hearing my boss’ statement.

Damn you, Jin! Was that really necessary? I glared at him.

“Na Eun, why don’t you check Namjoon’s car?”, Jin’s cue for his escape, sensing my irritation. “I will leave you with her. Don’t worry she’s the best I have”, and made his exit.

Coward!

Namjoon showed me his expensive car and to be honest I was amazed, “Nice!”.

“Thanks”.

I opened the hood of the car and checked the problem. I wasn’t aware about the roaming eyes that were checking me out.

“I can fix this in a month. You okay with that?”, I closed the hood and turned to him.

“Uh.... sure. No problem”, he said shyly.

“Cool. See you then”. I winked at him before I left and returned to the car that I was fixing earlier. Leaving him standing and looking after me with an amused smile on his face.

---------

I was cleaning the tools that I used when Yoongi approached me.

Yoongi is my co-mechanic and Jin hired him a month ago. Well, this is just one of his part-time jobs. He is a musician by heart, so every night he can be seen on one of the clubs either playing piano or rapping.

“So, did that guy get your number?”.

“Who?”.

“The tall guy”.

“Namjoon? Why would he get my number?”.

“Because he was drooling over you when you were checking his car”.

“Whatever”, I shrugged and continue what I was doing.

“I really don’t know if you’re into guys or girls. I mean I have been working here for a month and I never once saw you with anyone”.

“Seriously, dude! What’s with everyone fucking stressed about my lovelife?”, I looked exasperated.

“Okay, okay. Anyway, I have this gig by weekend and I was wondering if you’d like to come and...”, he paused. His eyes were squinting, trying to find the words he want to say.