Part XVI

(TAEHYUNG)

I couldn’t believe my ears when she said that, but I didn’t ask anymore. Instead, I bought what she asked for and came rushing to her place.

Now, I'm anxiously waiting outside her bathroom door for the past ten minutes,

“Are you done?”, I impatiently knocked on the door.

She opened it and extended her hand. The kit was on her palm and two red lines were very visible on it.

“What does that mean?”, I asked.

“Tae, it says I’m pregnant”.

I looked at her face and saw the sadness in her eyes.

“Hey, it will be okay”, I wrapped her in an embrace. I wanted to give her the comfort and assurance she needed.

“I’m ..... I’m scared”.

I guided her to her couch and hold her hands. I looked into her eyes before the words left my mouth. “You don’t need to be afraid. I think Namjoon will be so elated if you tell him”.

“That’s the problem, Tae.....", her pause  confused me, "He’s not the father”.

I was surprised,“what? Then who?”. I, myself am nervous to know but I think the answer is at the back of my mind.

“It’s.......Jimin”, she looked at her hands which were engulfed on mine.

Fuck! What have you done, Chim?! I silently cursed him.

“When? How?”, I released her hands and stood up. I paced in front of her. I can’t think straight. He literally abandoned her and now this.

“It was the night you and Jungkook brought him here”.

“But he was drunk?”.

“Well, he obviously became sober when we ........”. She didn’t finish her words.

“I knew it was a bad idea to bring him here”.

I tried to stay calm. I love them both but why do they need to suffer like this?

“Hobi will kill me. He was against the idea of Jimin sleeping here that night but the idiot was so persistent in his drunk ass”.

“Actually, let me correct that, Tae. Hobi will kill both of us”, she stared at me and we end up giggling. Imagining an angry Hoseok was not a pretty picture.

“So, what’s the plan?”, I returned to sit beside her.

“I don’t know”, was her fast and honest answer.

“Will you tell him?”.

“What for? I don’t even know where his fucking ass is”.

“We’ll find a way”, I squeezed her hands, trying to remove her tension.

"Please don't do anything, Tae. Remember the wish that you promised to grant me?".

"Hmm?".

"Promise me that you will not say anything to Jimin if you ever see him".

I was silent for a minute because I wasn't sure if I can keep that promise. I asked her a question instead, "Na Eun? Do you love Jimin?". I want to know what she feels.

"With all my heart, Tae".

---------

(JIMIN)

I opened the door to my parent’s house when I heard the doorbell rang and a fist collided with my face, making me staggered backwards.

“What the hell?”, I exclaimed while holding my bloody nose as I stood up.