Part XIII

(NA EUN)

“You really embarrassed me like that? With all the people there?”, I put my hands on my hips, looking at Jimin, who is sitting on my couch with his head bend down. It looked like I was reprimanding a kid. He decided to bring me home and apologized non stop on the way, while I gave him a cold shoulder.

I was so angry at him with his remark but Namjoon made me feel better by laughing and just proceed with the shoot as if nothing happened.

“I’m sorry”, he said but he didn’t look up.

“What’s wrong with you? You never embarrassed me like that, even when we were in middle school”.

“I know and I really am sorry. It’s just that ...... I don’t like the kissing part”.

I was taken aback. I didn’t expect him to say that but still it was uncalled for and it wasn’t his decision to approve who I will and will not kiss.

“And what gave you the right to choose who I want to kiss?”, I was fed up. I don’t know what pushed me to say that but his reaction was hurt.

“Don’t tell me, you like that Namjoon?”, his voice was accusing.

“What if I do, Jimin? After all, he asked me to be his girlfriend”.

I don’t know if he was angry because I yelled at him or because I was pushing him to his limits. I never saw this part of him and for years that we had been friends this is the worst fight we had.

“And you said yes?”, he snapped back.

“Maybe I will. What’s it to you? You’re just my bestfriend not my fucking .........”, I didn’t get to finish my sentence because Jimin stood up with his furious eyes. He grabbed the back of my neck and pulled me towards him, giving me a hard kiss. One that I wasn’t expecting.

I tried to push him and pull away but he wasn’t letting me, instead he urged my mouth to open for him and when I did, it was a huge mistake. His tongue instantly delved inside, making me clutched his front shirt. The way he explored the inside of my mouth was making me weak and I was matching the playfulness of his tongue.

Just then, he stopped and stared at me with a smirk. “Do you want Namjoon to kiss you like that?”.

His statement pissed me off. I didn’t think twice, I just shoved him out of my apartment, “Fuck off, Park Jimin!”, and closed the door on his face.

I went to my room and sat on my bed. I didn’t realize that I was holding my breath and tears started to fall down my cheeks. It all sunk in. My bestfriend didn’t just embarrassed me but he also insulted me right in my face.

----------

(TAEHYUNG)

I felt guilty for aggravating Jimin. I just helped him realized his true feelings towards Na Eun. Got my phone and dialled his number.

“What!”, Jimin yelled.

“Are you drunk?”, I can sense in his voice that he’s presently enjoying the company of alcohol.

“So what?”.

“Hey, I just want to apologize for what I did”.

“Too late, Tae”.

This is not good.  “Where are you right now?”.

After he gave me his whereabouts, I immediately left the studio and followed him to the bar. He was sitting alone at the corner and was staring blankly at his bottle of beer.