Part XVII

(NA EUN)

“Shit”, I hit my finger again with the tools I was arranging. My shift was already done, so I was gathering and cleaning the tools.

“Careful, Na Eun. It’s the fifth time you hurt yourself”, Jin observed while he was wiping a wrench on his hand.

“I am careful”.

“Yeah, right. But your mind is not in here”.

“Jin, can I ask you a question?”.

“Shoot”.

“There’s this friend of mine who is pregnant and she doesn’t know if she will tell the father or not”.

“Why not?”.

“ahm ....... I think the guy left her”, nice excuse.

“That’s tough”.

“Well?”.

“Did they love each other?”.

Thinking about it, I'm not sure how to answer that. Yes, I loved him as my bestfriend and when he left, I'm certain that I am in love with him but I don’t know if his feeling is mutual.

“I didn’t ask”, I lied.

“If yes, then she shouldn’t worry but if no, she can just forget about the guy and raise her child on her own”.

“I don’t think he loved me”, I silently said while looking at my greasy hands.

“What?!”, Jin couldn’t believe what he heard.

“I do”, a familiar voice caught our attention.

Both Jin and I turned to the man who spoke. Jimin, in all his glory, started walking towards us.

How I missed his beautiful face and angelic voice

How I missed his beautiful face and angelic voice. Mixed emotions came crashing on me, all at once.

Rage for leaving me, sadness for making me worry for him and joy for seeing him again.

I picked the tools on my toolbox and throw those at him, one after the other.

“Yah, I don’t need you here!”, I yelled and kept throwing.

“Na Eun, stop. You’ll destroy my shop”, Jin begged but he distanced himself away from the madwoman that I am.

“Please, hear me out”, Jimin pleaded while trying to avoid the tools that were flying towards his direction.

“Fuck off and leave!”, my hands were empty, so I looked around and saw the tools of Jin which I gathered and hurled at Jimin again.

“I will not. Never again”.

“Oh yeah? Let’s see, maybe after we have sex again who knows? you might run off again to fucking Mars”.

“What?!”, Jin blurted. I glared at him and he instantly shuts his mouth to avoid being the target of my wrath.