Chapter One

At the Alessandro enterprises, an important decision was being made, a deal of partnership between the Alessandro's and the Savedras.

   "If you could sign here and here that would complete the contract" Pedro Alessandro said showing Luca the dotted area on the document to which he complied.

"You have our full support in each of your endeavors Mr. Pedro. I would like my wife to be delivered to my home tomorrow" a sinister smile plastered across Luca's face. He had finally found a suitable queen for his empire.

"Give this to her also, I expect her to wear it on her arrival" he handed over a small black velvet box to Mr. Alessandro before rising from his seat. The two men shook hands and praised each other on a job well-done concerning the contract before Luca exited the office.

             Later that day, Pedro Alessandro arrived at his home. The middle-aged man was blessed with a beautiful family. His wife Kate was a petite woman with straight black short hair, her eyes were a beautiful shade of brilliant blue.
    Pedro and Kate had two children, both a splitting image of their mother. Aimee Alessandro the eldest, was a twenty-year-old who was currently in college. She stood at an average height of 5'6, slender but curvy with thick thighs. Unlike that of her mother, her black hair flowed past her shoulder.
      Leo Alessandro, the youngest. A four-year-old boy who clung to his mother every chance he got. Unlike his mother, he got his father's brown eyes.  Leo would grow to inherit the Alessandro enterprises as it was a family business.

     The family sat enjoying dinner when Pedro decided it was time to inform them of the recent developments.

   "The business deal with the Savedra's has been completed" he begun

"That's nice honey" Kate chirped in while Aimee continues her dinner silently.

"But as always with the Savedra's, there was a catch" he paused "Luca wants you as his wife Aimee"

"What?!?!?" Aimee exclaimed dropping her fork

"It has to be done Aimee, marrying you off to Luca would be a good investment in your future," her father said

"But father I'm engaged to Max, I can't leave him and you know that. What about college I'm not done with that" Aimee argued

"Whatever you have with that boy has to come to an end, this is very essential for us, for the future" Pedro stated sternly

"Mother please" Aimee pleaded to look at her mother. she couldn't believe this was happening to her, she had a bright future ahead but now everything was turning bleak.

    Aimee and Maximiliano had been dating for three years and had plans for their future together.
    They had gotten engaged before his trip to Russia and were to be married next year.
Max was also well-to-do but not as wealthy as Luca, maybe that was the advantage Luca had.

   "I'm sorry Aimee but your father knows best" Kate replied sadly as she picked her toddler son who kept pulling at the hem of her dress.

   "Please you can't do this to me father" tears threaten to spill from her eyes at this point.

Putting his hand in his pocket, Pedro slides the velvet box towards Aimee.
   "It's already done Aimee and I expect you to comply. This is what being an Alessandro means. It comes with responsibilities"  Pedro said leaving no place for further argument.

   "I'm supposed to just become the wife of a total stranger??"

"Yes, you have no use in the family business after all. Your brother would continue our lineage so you might as well be useful" Pedro had begun losing his patience with his daughter.

  "There must be another way, please" Aimee begged

  "Tomorrow the driver would take you to Savedra's home and I expect you to be on your best behavior. Your mother would coach you on what to do" he concluded before Exiting the dining room.

   "Mother please do something," Aimee said to her mother as she couldn't hold back the tears anymore

   "I'll try my best dear but I'm not promising anything, You know how your father is. I'm sure Luca wouldn't be so bad though, you're father has your best interest in mind" Kate replied

"But I love Max, I can't just leave him mom" she yelled before rushing to her room and locking herself in.

Locking the door behind her, she finally opened the black velvet box Luca had gifted her. Its content was an exquisite diamond engagement ring. Contrary to that of Max which was simple yet elegant, this one screamed wealth.
     In the box, there was also a small piece of paper that read
   'Suitable only for a Queen'

  This ring only made situations worse, it made Aimee see the reality of everything and she hated it. Throwing the box across her bedroom floor, she lay on her bed hugging her pillow as she cried her eyes and heart out.  How would she tell Max about the change in their future?
    One thing was sure, she wouldn't disclose this information to him nor would she stay around to watch how the wedding plan unfold.
    Aimee decided to escape to Russia the next day, she would find Max and somehow things would fall into place.

_______________________

Hey lovelies,

I've begun another fun filled story and "like a Phoenix" would be on hold for a while.
  This is my first time writing a mafia story so please forgive any mistakes you might find.

Also, Luca's family name is pronounced 'Sir-ve-dra' and not 'Save-dra' please avoid the mix up, And it's spelt 'Savedra' instead of the Spanish 'Saavedra'.

Note that the names of characters in this book are from both Spanish and Italian as I couldn't make up my mind on which particular one to use due to their similarities.

I hope you love this work though ❤️
Don't forget to vote, comment and share.
Thanks