Chapter Twenty One

This chapter is dedicated to ravichandrans, thank you so much for this beautiful birthday gift. I love this cover. It's beautiful ❤️
__________________________________________

' Aimee Savedra claims being abducted'

'Business tycoon exposed of murder'

' Savedra empire crumbles '

Numerous catastrophic headlines decorated the papers during the week. The event with the anti mafia squad blew up more than expected. The papers held different stories concerning the incident, more lies than truth. While some news line said Luca got arrested for an uncertain illegal business others took the situation into their hands and pronounced him guilty of the killing of an unknown man.

The day the incident transpired, I was taken to a cabin after an hour drive. According to one of the officers, the area was secured and my maniac husband wouldn't attempt anything stupid.
The interior of the cabin was nicely decorated with few things here and there but overall homely.

The next day, two antimafia men arrived at the cabin to get information on Luca.
Questions were thrown at me both those I had answers to and those I knew nothing about. To the less serious ones, I provided appropriate answers but to the more complicated questions, I kept silent.
They had questioned me on Luca's line of work to which I gave the obvious reply of him being a business tycoon.
Questions on my being abducted were brought up to which I opposed stating we were legally married. After that, the one million dollar question was asked. - was Luca responsible for the death of Maximiliano

Though it shattered my heart to a million pieces as I was present the day the love of my life was taken away from me, I didn't give an answer to that. I replied with the excuse that I had no idea where Maximiliano was or if Luca had killed him as claimed by the squad.

"Then why did you leave Luca?" one of the officers asked. As simple as it sounded, I had no response to this. I knew why I left but at the same time I seemed lost as to why I left.

I could say I left because of my child but that wouldn't be reason enough

I would love to say I left because my husband was a monster but that would only complicate everything and put me in more harm than I already was.

"It just felt right at that moment" I simply said.

The men had offered reaching out to my family to which I kindly declined their offer stating that I didn't want my family involved in this mess while in actual sense I was avoiding my father giving out my location to Luca.

I was currently lying on the couch watching the news trying to get any information as to Luca's whereabouts, was he in the antimafia custody or if he had somehow found a loophole to the situation.

A week of tension being cranked up in this cabin was enough to put me at the edge. After the second day, I hadn't met with any of the men to get information on Luca and his men. My hand went to my baby bump in a bead to sooth the situation as I listened to what the lady on the television had to say.

"Business tycoon Luca Savedra who was arrested a week ago has been down on a home arrest as he was a suspect in the recent killing of a certain Maximiliano Russo"

"recently" I scuffed rolling my eyes. I was sure Maximiliano's body had begun decaying and here they were saying it was recent

"wife to the billionaire Aimee Savedra was said to have been taken away from him by the antimafia squad for safe keep as she is said to be with child. The Savedra enterprises and establishments have since then been on lock down and watch by the cops" she spoke on.