Chapter Twenty Two

The continuous ringing from the land-line pulled me from my slumber. Turning over, I picked up the phone.

"Luca"

"si, I've called twice. You still in bed??"

"Ya, not much strength for anything today" I replied groggily

"Ok, Catherine called in sick. She won't be there today" he said

"Oml is it serious?? What's wrong with her??" I inquired

"I don't know yet" his curt reply came "there's fruits for you, what food do you want so I'll have it delivered?"

"Spaghetti alle vongole and Tiramisu would suffice" I said sitting up from the bed

"Okay" he replied before getting off the call.

Placing back the phone, I felt a pain to my side. It was a kick, I had been getting alot of those recently. My hand went to my now protruding baby bump as I was currently in my seventh month. Just two more months and I wouldn't be a Savedra anymore, just two more months and I'd lose the second love of my life, my son.

After the incident with the anti mafia squad, Luca completely changed, turning colder than he was. He distanced himself from me only speaking to me when it was extremely important or had to do with his son. I knew I messed up big time by pulling that betraying stunt, it cost me my life with my son and I regretted that.

Mona had been with me all through these past month seeing as I had no one to turn to.
Raffaelle had somewhat forgiven me from the whole poisoning Luca incident which I was overly grateful for. He accompanied me to my antenatal check ups since Luca couldn't stand the sight of me anymore.
Drinking water from the bottle placed on the side table, I decided to get a little rest before I started my day.

The next time I opened my eyes, the day had brightened up with the sun standing proudly. The closed curtains however shaded the light away which I was thankful for. Looking at the time piece, I realized I only slept for an hour.

Peeling myself from the bed lazily, I dragged my feet to the bathroom. Opening the cabinet and taking out my tooth brush, I quickly brushed my teeth and splashed water to my face to drive away the laziness.

I had just walked back into the room when someone knocked at the door
"Yes??"

"mia regina Monica is at the living room requesting to see you" he spoke up from behind the closed door

"alright, I'll be there in a minute"

Mona was at the living room requesting to see me???
That was quite weird. Normally she'd walk into the room unannounced and drag me down with her. She wasn't one to send guards to inform me of her arrival.

Not wanting to think much into it, I put on my robe and walked out the room to meet her.

"hey A" she acknowledged my presence as I walked in

"Mona is everything okay.. You know why send someone to get me??" I questioned

"Of course everything is okay" she laughed "I'm just in a rush today, there's an important meeting I have with the Moreno's"

"Oh. You had me bothered"

"aww don't be babes. Here's the food you asked for" she pointed at the table

"Thanks, say thank you to Luca for me"

"sure I will. I have to rush now. Don't want to keep them waiting and have Luca fire me" she joked before leaving the house.