Chapter Twenty

It was a sunny afternoon, the third day of our vacation. Luca and I lay on the bed with my head placed on his chest eating an apple while his hands rested on my baby bump.

He had spent hours talking with the child, at some point he begun mumbling words saying it was men's talk, I wasn't supposed to listen to their discussion.

True to his words, his lawyers had arrived yesterday with documents stating that I held ownership of resort e suite Aimee.
Placing my signature where they were required, I claimed total ownership of the enterprise. The most important part of the whole ownership thing was that whatever profit came from the resort was mine to keep. Luca over did himself this time around.

"how about Luce??" Luca suggested another baby name

"no, I prefer Nello" I contradicted

"it means light giver"

"and Nello means a priceless unexpected gift" I retorted earning a chuckle from Luca

"Lucio is somewhat better than both, we'll settle with that" he said placing a kiss on my head.

"Nah, Caelian is just perfect. He's a gift from heaven after all" persuading Luca was always a hard thing to do

"Never, I hate that name" my husband stated "I think I've found the perfect name. Lucca, it means he who illuminates"

"I see what you're doing" I laughed. He was trying to kill two birds with one stone. Getting away with picking a name for our son and making he and the child share similar names.

"I don't know what you're talking about" his lips twitched in a knowing smirk

"I still think Nello is a better name"

"Well, we could change that thought in a second" he tilted my face to meet his, his lips met mine in a breathtaking kiss.
Over the months of being Luca's wife I have learnt to reciprocate his kisses even when I don't want to, which was purely out of obligation. However, recently I haven't kissed him back out of obligation but rather with an open mind.

Breaking the lip lock, he placed slow kisses from my cheek down my neck, leaving his mark as always. He referred to it as marking his territory. For me, that was a weak excuse, no one in their right minds would want to claim ownership over me knowing Luca was my husband. The only person who tried that was lying dead in a grave back home.

My Maximiliano

Luca's cell phone on the side table rang signally there was an incoming call, his lips still stayed glued on my skin

"Luca.. You h-have a call"

"hmmm I know" he mumbled on the nape of my neck before placing another openmouthed kiss

"Luca"

"Leave it, whoever it is can wait"
His lips claimed mine again in a kiss.

Adjusting to a more comfortable position, Luca hovered over me and pulled up my shirt. His lips pressed on the baby bump as he peppered kisses round it.

The cellphone went off again with an incoming call.
"I think you should pick up the call. Whoever it is called back, it must be important"

Grumbling, he got off the bed and picked up the phone.

"Cos'è Raffaelle, sono in una fottuta vacanza"
(what is it Raffaelle, I'm on a fucking vacation) he spoke into the phone

"What?? It can't be!!" his hands tugged at his hair

"Metti tutto sotto controllo. Ci saremo presto"
(get everything under control, we'll be there soon) he said before getting off the call