Chapter Fifteen

"The fractures are healing quickly Mrs Savedra" Doctor Nevio said giving Luca and I a smile.

"And the internal bleeding??" my husband questioned

"the x-ray shows there's none anymore" he said "Here's another ointment for the bruises, this should do the final trick"

"Thank you so much Doctor"

"It's nothing Mrs Savedra, it's my job after all. There's a little complication although I'm uncertain what it is at the moment but as soon as the test is analysed I'd be sure to inform you"

We were currently in a particular room preserved for medical purposes only. I lay on the bed while the doctor did the check ups whilst Luca sat on the couch waiting for reports.
After few more conversations concerning my health, Doctor Nevio was on his way.

It's been this way for two weeks now. He would come to our home and administer treatments on me. When he first came over the morning after, I expected him to question me on ending on the cause of all the bruises and fractures I sustained but that never happened.

He was the family doctor after all, I'm sure he was totally aware of what happened around here by now.

Luca had surprisingly turned a new leaf since these two weeks. Each time Doctor Nevio administered treatment or did check ups, Luca was always present by my side being a supportive husband.

"Aimee" Luca placed a kiss to my cheek gaining my attention

"I'm about leaving for the office, Monica would be over to keep you company. If you need anything just call me" kisses were peppered over my face

"Okay" I replied softly.

"Oh one more thing" he added

"which is??"

"I want you to cook me dinner tonight not Catherine" a smile played on his lips

"Uhm why? You know I'm not really a good cook"

"I just want my wife's cooking" closing the gap between us, our lips met in a brief kiss

It was already mid day when Luca left for work and about an hour later Monica arrived at the mansion.

Mona had been extremely supportive during this last weeks, she visited regularly even with her busy schedules just to make sure I was okay.

I had also filled her in on the cause of Luca's outrage. Of course like every normal person would, she got scared when she found out Luca was aware we had plans of getting birth control pills but later calmed down when I assured her not to worry as he promised to let it pass as a mistake.

"I'm really sorry for what happened" emotions clouded her face

"Ya it's fine. I'm healing now" a smile graced my face.

"you know right? About Luca's psychotic issues??"

"Really Mona, I've been married to him for almost a year now, how wouldn't I know" I knew my husband's capabilities first hand more than anyone else.

"it was diagnosed during his childhood, although it wasn't that severe. Mrs Kate suspected it was as a result of the violence he was exposed to at such a young age." she explained

"and now?? Getting worse??"

"I'm not exactly sure" she replied

"I've placed everything in order child, I'll be on my way now" Catherine said as she met Monica and I seating at the backyard