Chapter Eighteen

"Bambino" the door to the master bedroom was pushed opened and Luca walked in.

"In here" I replied from the bathroom where I sat huddled at the edge

"what's wrong?? Nauseous??" he questioned helping me up to which I nodded in reply.

Stealing a peek of what I looked like from the mirror, my looks matched exactly how I felt - like crap.
The nauseousness had somehow returned and the prescribed drugs did little to help.

"had anything to eat yet" concern showed clearly in his tone.

I replied with a nod before I paused feeling it all come back, turning away from Luca I rushed to the toilet and puked into it.

"It'll be okay" he cooed holding back my hair

"do you need anything?? Should I ask Catherine to make something or Gustavo could get you something outside" he suggested to which I declined.

He offered his hand helping me up and guided me to the sink. I used the mouth wash to get rid of that sour taste before splashing water on my face to somehow control the nauseous feeling.

" Can you walk? " he questioned before scooping me into his arms and carrying me out of the bathroom.

Being so close to him I couldn't help but inhale the scent from his expensive cologne, it smelt so heavenly.

"You sure you're alright Aimee??" I could tell he was quite amused at my behavior

"Sorry, it's just smells so good"

"I have something to show you" he said walking out our bedroom to the hallway with me still wrapped securely in his arms.

The room next to ours, that was where he took me to. Placing me carefully on the bed, he offered a smile.

"I got things for our son moved to this room, it'll be his nursery" he stated

"oh uhm okay" I forced a smile
It was very clear how happy he was concerning this child but his joy overflowed each time he predicted the gender to be male.
Luca showed little to no interest on our child being female and that freaked me out, things could get really bad if the baby wasn't what he expected .

"I really can't wait for him to be born" he said placing a kiss on my forehead before placing another to my stomach.

"a-and if it's a g-girl??"

Raising his eyes, Luca looked upon my face with distain. The glint and smile that decorated his face few seconds ago was no where to be found.

"It'll be a boy" he retorted firmly

"a boy or a girl, both are blessings from God and I don't want them involved in any of this"

"It's not for you to decide what I do with my child" his tone was cold and proved there was no way of swaying him

"She's also my child"

"stop it with that feminine term, that baby you're carrying is a male.. My son and not some weak girl" he spat bitterly while I sat there shocked at his outburst. Not only had my life been ruined but also that of my baby.

If I birthed a son Luca would train him to be as ruthless as he was and if I birthed a daughter, He would hate her for no reason.
I was placed in a fix and it felt unfair to birth a child to such lifestyle. I knew I would need to reassure my daughter everyday of her father's love even though I knew Luca didn't care the slightest for a daughter, only a son for his empire. I also felt pity knowing that my son could probably turn out to be psychotic like his father, I wouldn't even get to spend much time with him before he's taken away to be trained on being the next capo.

"it'll be a girl, I can feel it. What will happen then??" my eyes didn't leave Luca's face, watching him carefully and hoping to see any hint of emotion or affection for our daughter.

"Poi continuerò a fotterti finché non avrò un figlio"
(Then I will continue to fuck you until I have a son) his eyes dared me to challenge him

I couldn't speak, I couldn't find the right words to say to him, I let my action convey the message. Standing for the bed with a quick movement, I let my my hand do its wish but Luca caught it midway stopping the slap.

"Ragazza sciocca"
(silly girl) he hit me right across the face, the force sending me back to the bed

"listen to me and listen carefully cause I won't repeat this. never you in your life attempt such Aimee, I'm being lenient with you because you're carrying my son" he spoke emphasising every word

"y-you h-hit.. M-me??" my hands stayed glued to my right cheek

"You better pray that thing growing in your womb is a male child cause if it's not, I wouldn't hesitate to tear you open and strangle your daughter with my bare hands"

Turning away from me, he stormed out of the room banging the door loudly.
My body froze in shock as I tried processing what my husband had just said to me.
He wouldn't do that to his child right??

Tears spilled out my eyes before I broke into a violent sobbing mess.
I placed my hands on my stomach just for reassurance that my baby was alive and still with me. Yes I wasn't ready to be a mother, I couldn't protect myself in this house and now I had a child to also protect.

"Mia regina" two guards greeted walking into the room and made their way to the closet where the baby cloths were placed. To my surprise, the packed out bags of female baby stuff I got online for the child.

"Where are you taking those things to??" I questioned drying my tears

"My queen, capo said the bring them out to the backyard" the first guard spoke

"What's taking you so long!!!!" my husband yelled obviously at the two guards

They hurried past me, hands full with the amount of packages they could carry. These female baby stuffs they we're carrying where the things I had personally hand picked if need arises and we find out the child was a girl. Luca hadn't contributed to selecting these things, In fact he had avoided them like they were plagued.

My senses kicked in and I stood from the bed and rushed out to the backyard with the aim of finding out why Luca had ordered for the things to be brought out.
Getting to the backyard, I was welcomed by the sight of an already set up fire and guards throwing in the baby things I had purchased.

I was glued in place staring at the horror before my eyes..

"Why Luca??" was all I could manage, my voice became hoarse as fresh tears rolled down my eyes

"this is just a warning Aimee, the next time I wouldn't be this calm"

It was at this moment I realized I needed this child more than anything. This was a second chance at my happiness and I was going to make the best of it. Whether my child was a girl or a boy, I promised myself to protect and love him or her with my life.
My hand found its way to my growing baby bump as I looked ahead at the chaos before me, the chaos that was my life. I felt lost and helpless as more tears poured out my eyes.

***************
Hello Lovelies,

It's my first montiversary with my new man ❤️ soo here's an update as promised.

What do ya'll think about this??
How would you like the next chapter to be??
Do you think Luca is being too harsh??

Also I'm planning on adding this book to the wattys 2019 when it begins. Do you think it could stand a chance??
I'll try really hard for this book to be completed by June so stay tuned throughout this journey.

I love ya'll so much, thanks for the reads, votes and comments ❤️