Chapter Twenty Three

My head was pounding as if it had been banged against the wall, my eyes were closed shut and felt heavy, and my throat was dry. My whole body felt sore and unmoving.

   Where was I??

       There was this annoying sound that kept on ringing continuously drawing me from my slumber. I wanted nothing more than to remain in the peaceful atmosphere where I was but the sound persistently tormented me pulling me forcefully out of my mind.

      There was noise around, people talking and walking like it was a busy street but the atmosphere felt down casted and far away from where I was.

  Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!  It rang on continuously

    I tried opening my eyes, something kept stopping the action from taking place.
My mind was awake but my body refused to wake from the state it was in.

    Pushing on one more time, my eyes unwillingly opened but closed right back due to the blinding light that flooded the room. Opening my eyes yet again I took in the scene before me.

  Where am I ??

   I was lying on a small bed, my body covered with a pale thin cloth and the room reeked of disinfectant. I looked around and my eyes settled on the heart monitor which caused that annoying sound.

   To my side someone sat on a chair but his head rested awkwardly on the bed I was occupying. I struggled to move my hands to his face but pain shot throughout my body causing me to groan loudly enough to wake the sleeping man.

     "Aimee you're awake!!" surprise held most of his words. It was then I realized I was in a hospital.

      "She's awake!!!!" approaching the entrance of the room he yelled before coming back to my side

    "How are you feeling?? Do you remember anything??" his eyes were glassy holding pity and I couldn't understand why

   My eyes moved from him to my belly and I realized it wasn't as big as I last saw it. My hands quickly flew to my stomach to not feel my baby bump.
Suddenly everything clicked and images flashed through my mind.

The surging pain

The fall

The blood

    I swiftly ripped the drip from my arm, causing tremendous pain.
   "Where is my baby?!?!?" I yelled frantically

  "Aimee calm down please" Raffaelle said in a soothing manner, just then doctor Nevio and three nurses rushed into the ward

      "WHY CAN'T I FEEL MY BABY RAFFAELLE!!!"   the heart monitor went crazy beeping loudly

     "Breath Aimee!! This isn't good for your health" Doctor Nevio's voice sounded distant as he tried putting back the drip

     "GET AWAY FROM ME!! WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BABY!!!" tears poured out my eyes as I struggled in the doctor's hold.

      My eyes fixed on a figure resting at the door post staring at me with pure disappointment and distain. Even as I was in a state of confusion and surprise, the intense stare I received was enough to send a shiver of fear through my spine.

      "LUCA!!! LUCA WHERE'S MY CHILD!!! WHAT DID THEY DO TO MY CHILD!!!". I screamed at him but he did nothing than stare right into my soul

      " A-Aimee, they didn't do anything. I'm sorry but it was a miscarriage, y-you lost the child"  Raffaelle avoided eye contact as he broke the news to me