Chapter Seven

It was evening as I sat on the ground huddled up at the corner of the cell. My knees brought up to my chest in an attempt to protect myself.

I hadn't seen anyone since I was dragged down here, not Max neither Luca nor Raffaelle.

The shackling of keys made my ears perk up as the door to the room that held me opened. Raffaelle walked in, his face void of any emotion. They were all like their leader.

"Get up, Luca wishes to speak with you"

"Raff p-please, don't let him kill Max" I said as I stood and walked to meet him at the door.

"I'm afraid it's out of my hands Mia regina, you made a bad choice in trying to escape" he turned and led the way out as I trailed behind him.

"This way"
he gestured to toward the balcony of the first floor. I walked in to see Luca seated staring out at the open.

"Luca I'm really sorry" I apologized after few minutes of him not speaking to me

"Shhh" he shushed me up and gestured for me to come closer.

I stood before him, his eyes staring deep into my soul, his face held a neutral look not a speck of anger was given away.

"you really thought I had no idea Maximiliano had paid you a visit in my home?" he questioned calmly.

"please Luca" my head hung low

"I gave you time to confess to me Aimee, this was a test and you failed"

"I won't ever try escaping again please" I
begged.

"Maximiliano put this idea in you didn't he?"

"What?!.. No Luca he didn't"

"Then how do you explain your actions" his unusual calm behavior was becoming alarming.

"I love him" I whispered.

"very well then" he simply replied and rose from where he sat. Looking out into the large surrounding, he gave a curt nod and his men moved out.

Maximiliano was dragged out by Alfonso and pushed to his knees. He had regained consciousness.

"Luca what are you doing???" I questioned as my heartbeat accelerated

"You've made it clear you're infatuated with him Aimee and we need to put an end to that"
Immediately he completed his sentence, Alfonso who stood behind a kneeling Max pointed a gun directly at him ready to pull the trigger any minute the order was given.

Forever and always Aimee

Maximiliano mouthed at me with a sad smile enacted on his face. He was accepting defeat. He had already accepted what was coming - death

"n-noo.. Luca you c-cant do this please"

In a split second, I was on my knees begging and pulling Luca's hands for his mercy but I got no reaction in return. His face still held its expressionless look.

With a slight nudge of his head, multiple shots were fired piercing into Maximiliano's skin and instantly ending his life at the spot.

"MAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I scearmed at the top of my voice getting up to rush to him as his body fell forward lifeless.

I was lost in my mind as memories with him flew past my mind. My heart shattered into a million pieces. I had lost the love of my life.

I stayed rooted in my position staring blankly at the world that lost its meaning before me.

"Have it in mind you caused his death Aimee" Luca said to me.

"Gustavo, take her to our room and instruct the maids clean her up. She's been in that cell for two days after all"

"Si Capo"
(yes boss) he replied before holding me and leading me away from Luca.

"Raffaelle dispose of his body and cover the tracks" he grunted out orders.

I sat motionless in the bathtub as the maids worked on cleaning me up.
It seemed like I was lost in my own little world. A world where there wouldn't be Maximiliano.

How would his family react to this news? Would they know what had transpired that lead to his death??.
The love of my life was brutally taken away from me by my monstrous husband.

An hour later, I stepped out the tub as a maid I recognized as the pale girl I had met the first day of my arrival handed me a towel which I wrapped around my body before walking into the room and sitting on the bed.
The girls left the room seconds later and Luca walked in.

"Tutto pulito e tutto mio"
(all clean and all mine) he said as he stalked towards me. His eyes pitch black with lust.

His lips latched on mine as he pushed me further into the mattress.
Pulling off the towel that hid my body from his prying eyes, he stared at me for a moment.

"you're even more beautiful when in shock" his lips twitched in a smirk. He was proud of what he had done, his face held no regret nor remorse for killing Max.

"I've missed this, the feeling of your skin against mine" he said as he bit into my skin trailing his mark from the nape of my neck to my chest.

I closed my eyes, and struggled hard on separating my mind from my body.
Each time Luca shoved himself into me, I distracted myself by thinking about what I had lost, the love of my life.

Maximiliano

The way his blue eyes squinted when he smiled.

His dull blue eyes that held so much feelings

His promises and the future we had planned

Our silly dates and moments

He loved me even till death

Luca slid off me and lay beside me after he was done using my body for his pleasure.
No one said a single word as he pulled me to him. I turned around, my back facing him as he switched off the lights
Giving off a tired breath, he pulled me closer, placing his head in the crook of my neck and covering our bodies with the bedcover.

After a while, his body relaxed and slight snores filled the room indicating he had fallen asleep

I stared at the large window which as always was shut blocking out the moon light and breeze from the trees.

Maximiliano's face flashed in my mind followed by the sight of his lifeless body laying on the ground.

A tear slipped out slowly falling across my nose, soaking my pillow.
Soon followed another then multiple others followed right after.

Luca Nuzzled closer to me in his sleep as I silently cried my heart out. My tears poured out profusely as images of Max flew across my head. This was the first time I cried since his death.

The thought of knowing I wouldn't ever see him again made my heart contract in pain.
I didn't want to be here in Luca's arms, I wanted no future with this monster.

Maximiliano would always be on my mind all the time, 24/7.. 365
Luca was right after all, I had killed the love of my life.