Chapter Thirteen

"Aimee!!!"
I heard Luca yell my name as the front door banged shot.

     "I'm at the garden" I replied loudly

  "I want you in my office now, don't make me wait" he yelled back

    A week had gone by since our home was raided. According to my husband, the Moreno's were responsible for it. They wanted me, saying 'I was a perfect fit for a Queen' and Luca being as manipulative as always had used that to his advantage.

      He used me to gain superiority over the Monero's and an upper hand in whatever deal they had. As long as they couldn't get their hands on me, Luca had control over them.

   " Luca " I said knocking before opening the door to his office and stepping in, only to be welcomed by his gaze.

   "You're home early, how was your day?" I tried starting a conversation to which he ignored.

   I was getting quite anxious as he stared intently at me from where he sat behind the desk.
   "uhm Luca d-did something happen??" I questioned meekly

"I should be asking you that tesoro"  he replied rising from his seat and taking threatening steps towards me.

   "I-I don't know what you're talking about" at this point I had already begun backing away from him.

   "are you sure that's a good reply Aimee?" he questioned lowly cocking his head to the side
"I'm giving you a minute to give you're best reply"

  "I-I really don't know what you're talking about Luca. Belie- - -" my sentence was cut off by his palm connecting to my cheek.
    The force from the slap closed the gap between me and the wall as my back hit the wall behind me, my hand immediately came up to my face.

  " I swear I haven't done anything" my voice quivered as I shut my eyes trying to hold back the hot tears.

   "Lie to me one more time and see where that gets you" he spoke walking toward me

     "BUT I HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING LUCA!!" I yelled, the tears finally pushed its way through and poured out my eyes. I thought Luca and I had gone past his abusive stage, how wrong could I get.

  "Stupida ragazza"  he chuckled
(stupid girl)

  "You are sick Luca" I retorted

  "YOU WANT TO SEE WHAT SICK LOOKS LIKE AIMEE!!! DO YOU???? HUH!!!!"  my psychotic husband yelled as his huge hands latched on my neck.

      He squeezed so tightly till I begun seeing black dots, I had already lost all will to fight or beg for my life. I let my tears pour and welcomed the dizziness.

  " I'm not going to kill you now Aimee, certainly not this fast" he said tossing my body to the floor

  "j-just kill me already, please" I begged taking in air.

    "You went behind me to request for birth control pills didn't you??? Such a smart girl". 
     Luca asked sweetly while squatting to meet my lying figure on the ground.

   At his question, my heart skipped a beat. There were two things now, it's either Monica betrayed me or Luca found out on his own which means he'd harm her.

    "I-I - -" I stuttered

  "Short of words, I see" his fingers traced my cheek or should I say the mark from the slap.

    "I wouldn't exactly deal with Monica now though, I'll let her behavior pass as a mistake" he said confirming my latter thought, Mona definitely didn't snitch on me.