Chapter Six

I was currently pacing around the room, my mind going haywire on the repercussions of my actions if they failed, if I got caught trying to escape.

I had been nervous about it, my head kept coming up with different negative scenarios.

Luca had left early this morning before I had awoken which was much to my advantage as I could pack up a little stuff for the escape.

As always, my guards stood outside my door on high alert based on Luca's instructions.

Evening had already started setting as I made my way to the kitchen to dismiss Catherine.

I didn't want her around till late. I had to get rid of whatever could hinder my plans.

"you can go home now Catherine, I can see you're tired and I'd love to make a special dish for my husband" I mustered the most authentic smile I could give.

"Are you sure you wouldn't need help with it?" she inquired moving around tidying things

"don't worry about it, I have everything under control" I replied ushering her out the kitchen.

"alright then, take care child" Catherine gave me a hug just like my mother used to before she existed.

Giving off a breath, I made my way to the kitchen to cook up something for Luca.
After few hours of work, I was finally done with an Italian dish Catherine had mentioned was Luca's favorite - mushroom risotto

Ascending the stairs, I headed to the room to take a bath . All that cooking had made me sweaty. Cooking was never really my strength, I was weak when it came to that aspect. Being the daughter of an Alessandro, I wasn't allowed to partake in such domestic chores. Maximiliano had always teased me on my cooking skills saying I'd use YouTube videos to cook him meals each day or we'd simply eat out for the rest of our lives. It didn't really bother him much.

Filling up the tub with warm water and pouring in my roman chamomile essential bath oil, I dipped myself in and somewhat relaxed at the warm feeling.
Closing my eyes and letting the bath do its magic, my mind wandered to my family. How would father react to the news of my escape. I do not wish to disappoint him but my happiness is at stake, my life is on the line. Luca was a time bomb ticking waiting to go off.

"Aimee! Are you in there??!"
He was back

"uhm.. Ya, give me few minutes I'll be right there." I hurried exited the tub and wrapped a towel around my my body. I didn't want Luca seeing me naked although he already had numerous times when he violated me.

"Il mio"
(mine) he said under his breath as his eyes caught sight of me or rather my body.
His intense gaze tore through the towel wrapped around my body.

"Come potrei controllarmi quando continuerai a tentarmi Aimee"
(How would I control myself when you keep tempting me Aimee) he spoke loudly this time running his hand through his hair.
I wonder what he said.

"Are you hungry? I made dinner" I said walking into the closet to get dressed.

"ah yes, Gustavo had informed me you dismissed Catherine early today"

"Ya I wanted to cook something myself"

"You're playing the wife role perfectly tesoro"

I walked out the closet to see Luca laying on the bed.

" let's go have dinner" I gave a smile. Anything to stop him from suspecting.

Luca sat on his seat at the dining table as I served him dinner. Sitting right beside him after serving both of us, we began eating.