Chapter Sixteen

It was dark and cold, all I could see were the bars and dark walls around me. The air smelt of sweat and had this particular stench of death.

The sound of a door made my ears perk up and the continuous rattling of keys made my heart sink. Someone was coming down here.

The cell was opened and someone walked in, I was too scared to look up from where I sat huddled up at a corner.

"Aimee" for the first time he didn't address me as 'mia regina'

Raising my eyes, my gaze met Raffaelle who stood before me staring with an unreadable expression.

"Why did you do it?" he asked lowly to which I didn't reply.

Raff had been the only one I trust. The only sensible one who stopped Luca from killing me numerous times.. But here under his gaze, I felt his spite for me.

"After everything Luca has done to me, you dare ask me this" for the first time since last night a tear fell down my eyes.

"I can't protect you this time Aimee, you betrayed us. You'll suffer the consequences of your actions"

Just then the noise of the door caught my attention again and loud footsteps were heard.

"Aimee" Mona said pushing past Raff her hands opened an engulfed me in a hug.

"I'm here Aimee, everything is going to be fine. I'll talk to Luca, try to change his mind" her words were somewhat comforting

"Don't lie to her, everything isn't fine" Raffaelle said folding his arms on his chest as he leaned on the door.

"Raffaelle please, talk to him. Help me, help her she's our queen" Mona pleaded

"Non abbiamo una regina, la nostra lealtà sta nella casa di Savedra. You seem to have forgotten Monica"
( we have no queen our loyalty lies with the house of Savedra) he spat rudely

"Raffaelle please, I know you can talk to him" she pleaded while I remained in her arms crying silently

"This is out of my hands" turning his back on us he made his way out of the cell turning a deaf ear to our pleads and cries.

"When I talked about poison, I didn't know you were crazy enough to attempt it" Mona said, a smile playing on her lips. She had somehow succeeded in lightening the intense mood.

"He's going to kill me" I spoke up seconds later.

"Don't say that Aimee, I won't let that happen" her eyes saddened.

"You know it's true, Even Raffaelle isn't on my side"

"Well fuck him, that's his problem. We're going to get through this and laugh about it in the future" I could see through her facade of hope, fear lingered in her eyes

The huge doors creaked open as multiple footsteps were heard. The light in the cell and the hallway flickered on almost blindly me instantly. The metal bars screeched as they were fully opened, Mona got up and made her way out of the cell immediately as I cast my head down, it was Luca he had finally come to pass his judgment.

"Get up" His voice still held its stoic tone.. I didn't comply to his orders, there was no need to be obedient he would do whatever he had in mind either way.

"I said get the fuck up Aimee!!"
This was the day I had been dreading since I got married to him but it had caught up with me so quickly.

"your queen is being a spoilt brat, she needs assistance" he mocked

Two pair of hands immediately found my arms and roughly pulled me up and off the cold hard ground.
I stood there in front of him, my eyes quickly scanning my environment.
The huge hallway was crowded with guards and I spotted Raffaelle, Adam, Gustavo and Alfonso among the crowd.