Chapter Fourteen

I had been walking for what seemed like an hour, or rather limping my way through the streets taking random directions with no destination in mind, the sky had fogged by now as darkness stood prominent. It was quite a surprise no one recognized Mrs Aimee Savedra wandering aimlessly in ripped cloths and a battered face but then again it was already evening and people were hurrying their way to their various homes.

Although few people spared me confused glances, none took the time out to take a good look at me which I was grateful for. I didn't want Luca beating me up again for ruining his reputation in the society.

A few more paces with my head cast down and my legs struggling to keep going, my heart ached as I stared at the sight before me.
I realized where my heart had directed my legs to. I was at a silent secluded area, Maximiliano's grave.
Here lay the body of the love of my life.

Tears prickled down my eyes before my legs gave out and I slumped to the grave weeping my eyes out.

I couldn't take it anymore, I couldn't handle it, I couldn't even fix the mistakes in my life.

"I can't do this anymore Maximiliano, I just want to die" I wailed facing the ground.

"He's a monster Max, all he does is hit me, I haven't done anything to deserve this life"

"Please come back to me, I want you back. I'm so sorry for this, for causing your death, I need you Maximiliano" my throat had begun getting sore from the wailing.

If Raffaelle hadn't arrived at mansion when he did, Luca would have eventually killed me. That thought was enough to increase whatever fear I had for my husband. I wasn't sure about it before but at this point I could swear on my life that Luca was bipolar. He was a psychotic animal. Like a mad dog on the loose.

The wind picked up and the trees begun swaying in directions but that just seemed to add to my depressing state. More tears poured out my eyes as I clung a handful of sand from the ground. My head hurt like a bitch and my ribs seemed broken but that was less compared to the pain that raked through me. It felt like my heart was ripped out of my chest each time I recall I was laying on the grave of the love of my life.

The rumbling of the thunder and the flashes of lightning weren't enough to pull me away from were Maximiliano lay. Even if I wanted to leave, I had no where else to go to, Luca literally threw me out of his house.

The heavens opened up few moments later and cried along with me. I lay crying as the cold rain poured down soaking every inch of me.

I remained in that position for a while before slowly calming down from my high. The rain still poured down heavily as I sprawled there sobbing, my eyes were slowly shutting and my body had become worn out.

The rain suddenly stopped hitting my body making me look up from the ground to be welcomed by the sight of Gustavo standing beside me with an umbrella.

"Luca has been worried sick about you mia Regina" he said helping me up. His eyes scanned my appearance pitifully. The same look of pity Raffaelle had when he found me laying on the floor while Luca threatened my life.

He ushered me to the black SUV parked at the entrance to the cemetery and handed me a towel when I got in.

"dry up, we don't want you catching a cold" I simply gave a nod to him

Getting into the driver's seat, he roared the engine to life and begun the drive back home. His hand found his phone and after flipping his eyes at it a few seconds, he placed it to his ear.

" Sì capo, l'ho trovata"
(Yes boss I've found her) he spoke into the phone, no doubt to Luca.

"Alla tomba di Maximiliano"
(At Maximiliano's tomb)

"La sto portando a casa"
(I'm taking her home) Gustavo said before getting off the call.

I sat huddled up quietly during the ride back home. The towel wrapped round my wet body giving me some sort of warmth.

The gates to the mansion opened and Gustavo drove in and parked the SUV. A guard quickly came over with an umbrella to get me.

Walking into the house, no one was in sight. Dinner lay set on the dining table untouched.
Glancing at the wall clock, it read 9pm which meant everyone had already retired to their various homes. I held onto the stair railings and ascended the stairs to my room.

Our bedroom was also empty, Luca wasn't at home.
Closing the door behind me, I walked over to the bed and sat down. Giving myself a few minutes to get myself together before heading for the shower.

The door burst open and Luca rushed in like an animal off its leash..

"Bambino don't go missing that way, it messes with my head" he said walking toward were I sat. It took a second glance at him to notice the blood stains on his cloth and the blood dripping from him hands along with his disheveled hair

"the innocent had to suffer for it" an innocent smile plastered on his face. The blood that decorated his body wasn't his, he had killed someone

"This incident won't ever repeat itself right?" his hand came up to my face making me flinch back

"calm down, I'm not going to hit you" he cooed as his fingers caressed my cheek.

His lips inched closer to mine for a kiss which I declined turning away from him.

"please, at least not while you're soaked with blood" I pleaded as his bloody face came closer to mine

"Still not learnt??" he questioned holding my jaw tightly, his blazing eyes staring at me in loathe.

"p-please I don't want this" my body was already drained

Within a quick moment, Luca pushed me into the king sized bed and pinned by hands above my head.

His lips latched to my neck as he begun placing kisses and sucking on my skin. A scream erupted from my mouth and I started thrashing around trying to get out of his hold.

"Still feisty" an evil glint I had come to know too well sparkled in his eyes.

Clutching to my dress, he ripped it off and worked on taking off his own cloths.
His lips smashed into mine in a rough kiss which I didn't respond to.

"Fucking Kiss me back" he slaps me across the cheek.

Not wasting anymore time, he pushes my legs apart, his nails digging into my waist he forces himself into me. I scream loudly due to the pain, my hands fisting the sheets tightly as tears spilled out my eyes yet again.

I kept struggling to take in oxygen as he slammed into me like I was some Whore. Even a whore didn't deserve this sort of treatment.

Luca's eyes looked so deadly and lethal as he stared down at me. I wouldn't know if he saw the pain he was causing written over my face as he face held its stoic nature.

"Don't ever leave me Aimee, I own you. Every inch of you is fucking mine forever" he hisses slowly before clutching my throat firmly.

His hold tightened as he kept violating me, my hands scratching his hand around my neck and eyes pleading him to let me go.
I try my best to push him off me but that earns me another slap to the face before he eventually let go of my throat.

I took a good look at the man assaulting me, the man I was married to, Luca Savedra.
His cold eyes held no emotion looking down at me as he kept using me for his pleasure.

Slipping off me, he slumped on his side of the bed while I stayed rooted in my position with my hands still fisting the sheets.
After minutes of utter silence and nothing but our heavy breaths he turned facing me and pulled me to his bloody body. His fingers glazed my face and wiped away the tears which stained my cheeks.

"Tomorrow you'd wake early. The maids would change the sheets and Doctor Nevio would come over to check on you" he said before placing a kiss to my forehead.