Chapter Eleven

I lay sprawled on the couch, a bag of chips in my hand with my eyes fixed on the television.

The mansion was empty with only Luca, I and Catherine.
Raffaelle and the rest seemed to be away today but the rest guards were positioned outside.

My husband and I had little to no contact since his parents visit. He had been more choked up with his work than ever to the point where he rarely slept in our bedroom. Of course this was a miracle for me, the baby process would be on hold till I could find a way to deal with it

The front door opened and a lady walked in,
Pale skinned with a slender body. Her white short hair was held up in a messy ponytail and a tattoo was clearly visible on her shoulder blade instantly giving her away as someone Luca would be affiliated with.

"Hello, you must be Luca's wife" different emotions played on her face.

"Uhm ya. Just Aimee please" I replied getting up from the couch.

"I'm Monica" she said offering her hand for a handshake to which I obliged.

"Raffaelle informed me Luca was here, could I speak with him?" I knew what she was doing, a simple act of courtesy and I appreciated it.

"Sure he's at the office" I replied leading the way which I was sure she knew all too well.

"Luca!" I called out knocking the door.

"Go away Aimee" his gruff voice replied from behind the door.

"But Lu- -"

"Aimee sei sordo? Ho detto di perdersi"
(Aimee are you deaf, I said get lost) he yelled interrupting me

I felt utterly humiliated at his outburst, the fact that I understood what he had said and Monica probably did too made me feel even worse.

"let me take it from here" she whispered giving me a pitiful look. She must have felt sorry for me.

"Luca it's Monica" she stated

"Enter" his reply came seconds later.

I walked back to the living room as she shut the door behind her. Dashing into the kitchen, I was just in time as Catherine had removed the chocolate chips cookies and placed them in a tray to let them cool off.

"Cookiesss!! My favoriteeee" I purred taking one and stuffing it into my mouth, luckily it had already cooled.

"everything edible is your favorite Aimee" she said chuckling at how childish I was acting.

"well yesss" I replied in a duhh tone making her and a few maids around burst into laughter.

"Monica's back??" she questioned moments later.

"uhm ya, how'd you know?"

"I know that voice any day from hearing it countless times in this mansion" she answered.

"She stays here much?"

"yes child, she had a room here along with Raffaelle but that was before Mr Luca got married to you"

"oh, okay. I'm going back to my couch now" I announced taking more cookies before leaving the kitchen.

An hour later or so, Monica walked back to the living room which meant she was done with whatever had brought her here.

"leaving now??" I asked

"ya but can we talk"

"sure" I replied making room for her on the couch I was previously lying on.