Chapter 15

Eyes bore into me as Frazier and Bain look at me with a mix of sympathy and anger. Daniel looks like he could kill me.

I avoid Daniels gaze as we pull back up to the castle. We all pile out of the limo as Daniel excuses himself. Bain looks at me.

"Let's get you some clothes so you are more comfortable." I nod quickly itching to take this off, though I don't want anything else on.

I follow Bain up the stairs, Frazier behind me. I go into a bed room and gasp at the sweet scent of Bain covering the room. It's his room.

Oh sweet moon goddess help me.

Daniel steps in the room with drinks he hands Bain one and hands me one, Frazier glares at Daniel as he realizes he didn't have one for him . I chug it quickly but it doesn't help my thirst.

Bain throws his back though not as quick as I  do. He then continues look through his draw. He hands me a T-shirt and boxer shorts and I rush to his bathroom.

I grip the sink trying to convince my self not to tell Bain I'm his mate, I look myself in the mirror.

"You are not worthy enough to be his mate, you're a glitch." I whisper to my self. I step away from the mirror and slowly look away as I take my dress off. I change into the shorts and shirt and as Bain's scent surrounds me I feel I can't breathe. I grip onto the counter top as sweat starts to pool around my forehead.

I can't do this. I have to tell him. Heat burns my body, as I heat up more at my admission of defeat.

Turning my body my support transfers from the counter to the door as I lean on it.

I have to tell him. I'm his mate, if he rejects me, Daniel will help me.

I push the door open, my mouth ready to spill my identity; but Bain is not in the room.

Only Daniel is.

He grabs me and the heat dulls a smidge. Not enough to stop the beads of sweat, just enough for me to give a sigh of small relief.

"Really Navi your mate rejected you?" Daniel glares at me but you can tell he feels bad at what I'm going through.

"It's all I could think of."

Just like that, the thoughts of telling Bain washed from my thoughts.

"I spiked Bain's drink. The only thing to help you is to let him hold you. The drug will block the connection, only you will feel it." I sigh as he continues "Though he is a king so it'll only last a night."

I nod my head as Daniel helps me to the couch in Bain's room. Bain walks in with a glass of water and hands it to me. I again take it like a shot.

Daniel sits in a recliner across from the couch Bain sits beside me and without hesitation I throw myself into his side not caring I'll probably be embarrassed in the morning. I sigh in relief as my body starts to cool down.

Bain realizing he was helping me wraps an arm around me. Daniel smiles instantly at it.

"Navi have you accepted the rejection?" Bain asks me.

I take a deep breathe in and let it out as I put together my lie.

"Actually neither of us formally rejected the other, he just stated he didn't want me and walked away." I state as I snuggle deeper into Bain's side.

I'm dreading the morning when I'm out of the heat and have a normal mind set.

"Navi you need to formally reject each other or it is going to get worse." Bain says to me sternly though I'm not exactly listening, well I'm listening to his voice, I'm not processing his words.

I just nod smiling in content. I think the heat has melted my brain.

I vaguely hear Daniels voice. "Bain I think she is out of it, might want to wait until the morning." I hear a desperate sigh come from Bain. 

"I see," Bain growls and at the sound of his racing heart I find sleep.

**

**

**

I listen to the air condition as I slowly feel myself wake up. Memories from last nigh pull me completely from my sleep and I blink my eyes open.

I suddenly feel the weight of the comforter and I close my eyes wanting to go back to sleep. I change positions and sigh at how much more comfortable this one is.

Now I really don't want to get up.

Don't get me started on the scent, Bain's.

My eyes feel dry as I open them again and realize I slept in the contacts. Groaning I finally sit up and look around, I'm alone in Bain's room.

The door opens and in walks Daniel. He gives me a slight smile. "How are you feeling." I think back to last night and sigh.

"Seeing as I'm not burning in my own skin, I'm fine." I shrug leaving out the part of not being in my right mind and almost telling Bain I was his mate.

I lick my lips and look around "What time is it?"

Daniel walks in the rest of the way and closes the door behind him and starts walking towards the bed. "Lunch." He sits down on the bed and looks at me.

My eyes stay on him waiting on him to tell me what ever is in his mind.

"You know it's going to get worse." Daniel looks at me waiting for my reaction. All I do is shrug.

"Navi you don't understand, each time it's going to get more painful until you reject him or accept him. Which one are you going to do?" Daniel looks at me, beta of all betas talking to me. This is his voice of business.

"I don't know." I look at him with uncertainty.

"Bain will accept you Navi, he already adores you." Daniel tells me and I feel like he has done this before. Coaxing criminals to admit their crimes.
Daniel was more gentle than Bain, they were like good cop bad cop.

"No one else would want me to be the queen." I shake my head and wait for his response.

He rolls his eyes "who cares what they think."

I glare at him and quickly argue "I care, I care what they think, me being queen could cause an uproar."

"Not everyone is as childish as those high schoolers." Daniel laughs. I roll my eyes. 

Daniel would never understand, I'm hated for a reason, I'm an abomination. "I don't even think I can have kids." I tell Daniel in a whisper.

He quirks an eyebrow "how do you know."

I shrug my shoulders "that's what everyone has said before."

Daniel again rolls his eyes which looks funny to see. A grown man rolling his eyes like a teenage girl. "Has a doctor told you this?"

I shake my head no. "Maybe you shouldn't listen to all the bullshit everyone tells you."

I sigh letting my head fall, he was right, I let people convince me their opinions were facts. "It's not that easy, this is something I've dealt with my whole life." I state he crosses his arms as he stands.

"Not anymore Navi, not anymore."

My heart believed him, my anxiety thought other wise.

***********

Dony forget to vote and comment!!
Thanks for reading! I would love to hear some feedback!