chapter 41

Annie's pov

Her voice was like nails on a chalk board. Like a train horn arrogantly announcing the trains presence. Her voice was loud obnoxious, taking every open space in the house, hammering away at my poor sister. I glare at her as I angrily chew my food.

I glance at my sister who drowns silently. The fire in my heart burns, ready to roast the brunette.

I could make s'mores out of her.

My mother and sister pay attention to her like she is some pristine princess, or traveler, telling her tale of adventures.

When really she was painting an old picture to smear the new picture. Old Chadum was dead, New Chadum was gone, no sign of him.

Next.

Time to move on honey.

My knee jumps in anticipation of a wrong move on Jacys part, I wait for the moment I can set her on fire.

Of course the over polite cow laughs and smiles about her stories.

Chadum, a werewolf and her sister, a one powerhuman. , met at college. Jacy introduced them.

My eyebrow twitches and my body tenses slowly at every word from Jacy.

Suddenly a small sound of scraping comes from Navis chair as she pushes it back and stands grabbing her plate keeping her head down.

"Where are you going Nav? I'm just now getting to the best part."

My hair suddenly is surrounded by flames.

She. Did. Not. Just. Call. Her. Nav.

Is she seriously guilt tripping my sister into staying and listening to this rat talk about her oh-so-innocent brother in law?

That's it, I'm about to erupt like a volcano.

"I have school in the morning and I'm tired. I must go to bed. Maybe finish some other time." Navi states with a forced smile, her eyes begging Jacy not to argue.

She then continues her walk to the kitchen and disappears.

"You know, I have a big test in the morning, I better go to sleep as well." I give Jacy my biggest, fakest smile I can muster up. I stand abruptly and take my plate to the kitchen. The kitchen is bare and I spot Navi's rinsed off plate in the sink. I follow her lead and soon am quickly leaving the kitchen. Up the stairs. I find myself at Navi's door. I hold my hand up in a fist and gently knock.

An exhausted looking Navi opens the door. One look at her and she is moments from breaking.

"Are you okay? " I smile as I try to come off nonchalant, I don't want to push her.

She forces a small smile on her face. "I'm fine."

My eyebrows furrow as I see the fight Navi is having within herself. It's all over her face. During the day Navi is good, to good, at hiding how much the kidnapping hurt her. The daily fighting at night is more obvious, I see it, the struggle, the waves that try to drown her.

"Are you sure?"

Her face falls slowly at first, yet soon her lip trembles and her hands go up to her face as tears fall recklessly. I close the door behind me as I step in.

Her shoulders shake, instantly with out hesitation I wrap my arms around her. My heart breaks as she flinches in my arms causing her to sob harder.

I rub her back and she wraps her arms around my shoulders, resting her head in my neck.

"I could roast her like a marshmallow if you want me to?" I say trying anything to make my sister feel slightly better. I know nothing I say could fix her. If me just being here made her slightly better than that's good enough for now. Seeing my sister like this made me ready to set fire to the bitch sitting in the dinning room eating happily.