39

I grab a towel and wrap it around my body. I then open the door and jump seeing Riley. I smile at her awkwardly, nervousness settles in me at the thought of being almost completely naked infront of her.

Years have passed and yet I still get butterflies.

"Hey" I say awkwardly. The normal smirk is on Rileys face. She hands me some clothes.

I quickly put them on. "So how are you." I sigh at her question.

I ponder on it let it wait in the air.

"I wish I could go back in time sometimes. " I state truthfully causing Riley to tilt her head slightly.

"I'd rip that damn mask off as soon as I had the chance." I state with a nod reassuring myself. No doubt I would, if I knew what I know now, the mask would have came off as soon as he had danced with me.

"What if he would have rejected you?" Riley asks making a sharp pain go through my heart.

I shrug my shoulders, "I-I would he hurt but, I wouldn't be mad." I then look at Riley in the eyes. "I grew up with people telling me I didn't have a mate, and if I did, he would reject me immediately." I shrug, "Its all I expected."

"Then I danced with Bain, I felt the tingles, I got lost in his eyes, he kissed me and it was the most amazing feeling in the world." I bite my lip as I look down, "I was so scared for it to get taken from me, I ran." I shrugged. "If I could go back in time I would not have ran, rather he would have rejected me or not, because I put him in pain by running."

"I just wanted him happy Riley, rather it was with me or someone else. If I was in his life or not." I shrug as I look back at her. She puts her hand on my shoulder and I feel the familiar light squeeze.

A moment passes by before Riley sighs as she says.

"You always did over water plants, you just didn't know when to stop giving " I open my mouth wondering what she means but she interrupts me.

"Its okay, don't worry about the pass, you have a chance to fix it." She gives my shoulder a squeeze. She then stands and walks out of the room. Moments pass and a knock sounds at the door.

I turn and see Bain at the door, leaning against it causally, a nervous smile on his face. He walks in and softly closes the door behind him.

Mating with him pops into my head, I blush and push the thought back.

"Hey," Bain says softly in almost a whisper.

Speechless, all I can do is nod my head.

"Look, I hate ruining a perfect day, but, Navi I need to know about Chadum. I need to know where he is."
My stomach drops at his words. My hands tremble slightly and my body gets hot.

"It doesn't matter." I state trying to think of something else to talk about.

"Navi I'm your mate, let me protect you." I grit my teeth at his words, we hadn't really been acting like mates.

"I thought you were going to reject me?" I ask him, I look into his eyes, his jaw clenches, regret plays in his eyes.

He doesn't say anything for a moment

"Are you still mad?" I ask him.
He doesn't say anything, he ponders it.
He opens his mouth and I cut him off.

"You never touched me Bain." I watch as his eyebrows shoot up. I knew I shouldn't bring up the past but I didn't want to talk about Chadum and I did have a point. Bain never touched me, he always kept his distance.