chapter 5

I walk inside, and it's already eight something, Iris sits on the white couch as she giggles. Iris's hair is up in a messy bun, and her face void of any makeup. She looks gorgeous if only her personality mirrored that.

She glares at me as she smirks, "what are you looking at, bitch?" She says as she adds, "Gosh, your alien eyes are going to give me a disease," she laughs as my mother joins her.

"Navi, The former Queen, and King are coming for dinner In about two weeks on Tuesday night, you will be serving," she then adds, "don't embarrass me."

I nod stiffly as my mother sits down beside Iris, who also pipes in talking to me like she is talking to a child, "that means you are gonna be like a waitress." I resist the urge to roll my eyes at her.

I sigh as I turn and head up the staircase to my room. I grab some clothes and go to my bathroom. I start a hot bath and strip out of my clothes. I climb in and sink in the tub; the room is quiet; my thoughts are hounding me wondering about Bain.

My heart aches at the thought of not being with him, is he okay? Is he with another woman? As that thought crosses my mind, my heart hurts more. I wish my life were different. Where I wasn't a glitch, my parents loved me, my sister wasn't a brat, and I had friends. I had a life.

I sigh, I'm not strong enough to be queen. I'm not strong enough to be his mate. He needs a strong mate, someone who isn't a glitch someone that is a leader.

I'm not that.

I wash my body then shave in the places that need shaving. When I'm done, I unplug the tub and grab my white towel and step out, wrapping it around me. I dry my body and lazily throw my clothes on, ugh I'm tired. Walking into my bedroom, I grab a brush and run it through my hair, quickly blow drying it I leave it down. I then lay down, and sleep soon finds me.

-

-

-

The sun slowly rises as my eyes follow suit. I stretch and try to sit up but go right back to laying down as my hand grips my chest. It hurts and aches; the distance was starting to take its toll. I had no idea what to expect since I am a glitch. I wince as I sit up from my small bed the ache in my chest not leaving, I breath in genuinely trying to push it aside. I stand and walk to my closet as the pain starts to fade slowly. Grabbing dark gray jeans, I slip them on then, I slip on a nude tank top, along with a dark blue sweater.

I slip my nude flats on and go to my bathroom, I brush my teeth, and hair and throw it in a messy bun. I apply just mascara and grab my bag and rush downstairs. I walk through the living room and through the door into the kitchen to see my mom and dad. I grab an apple and look around then at my mom and father.

"Where is Annie?" I ask, my mother rolls her eyes "she went to school, the world does not revolve around you" She sneers at me as my dad looks up from his newspaper and looks at me.

"Navi get your ass to school now and quit worrying about other people," my father yells, leaving no room for argument. I tense up as he glares at me, "well?!" He says louder, "get out, go to school before you are late, or your ass will be on a silver platter.!" He yells out at the same time Iris walks out.

"Daddy!" She yells out happily as she runs over to him. His smile lights up as he brings her close "baby girl," he says with a grin. I roll my eyes as I quickly walk out back into the living room then out the door. I try to teleport, but it doesn't work. Gosh, why can't I teleport? I walk some more and try again.

Finally getting it I teleport and end up at my school, I sigh and smile peacefully as I walk into the school and go to my locker. The blue lockers stand tall against the black and white walls, the hall itself was relatively extensive and my footsteps echos against the walls. The voices of other teenagers also bounce off the walls; they all talk about anything and everything as they wait for school to start, I hear mentions of the masked girl that is Bain's mate.