chapter 51

Annie pov

I wince as I put the lose dark green shirt on, I then pull on some comfortable shorts. I jam my foot into the sneakers wincing as I realize just how much of your abdomen you use when doing simple things. I stand and do a small stretch careful not to pull my stomach muscles.

I open the door and see Jadyn causing my eyes to widen slightly .

"Hey." He states with a shrug of his shoulder.

"Um hi." I awkwardly reply as I grab my bag and hoist it over my shoulder. He doesn't say anything so I take that as my cue to leave, I walk past him making sure to not to touch him.

The pang in my heart is still there as our first conversation replays in my mind. "Wait," he says causing me to stop and turn slightly to him.

"I want to explain why I can't be with you."

He wants to explain why he can't be with me. He wants to explain why before I even knew his name, his first words were I can't be with you.

Honestly, I didn't want to know.

"Its fine, I don't need to know." I state shrugging my shoulders causing him to tilt his head slightly. I sigh and with a small smile I explain myself.
"I'm not entitled to know that, what ever you have going on that prevents you from even giving me a chance, from even wanting to atleast introduce yourself to me before deciding you can't be with me, that's your problem," I turn but then pause.

I probably won't ever see him again. With that thought I take it upon myself to rip my own heart out as I turn and look at him. "In fact why don't we just reject each other now, get it over with. I have a whole ocean between us, after this I won't see you again." My words are clipped as I do my best to keep the shakiness from my voice.

He opens and closes his mouth like a fish, obviously not expecting what I had to say.

"I am not going to stay here, I'm not going to beg you to love me, I have a little sister that needs me and frankly I deserve better than a, I can't be with you sorry, type of man." My words are venomous as I throw his back at him causing him to slightly flinch.

" So I, Annie-Bell Lea Bennet, reject you , Jadyn as my beloved." The sharp sting in my chest makes me take in a deep breath but I welcome it, I'll break my own heart completely before I let a man do it .

"I Jadyn Lee Sharpe accept your rejection." I then simply nod my head at his words and with my head held high I walk away.

He doesn't want me, I'll learn to be okay with that.

Though my burning heart tells me I never will. This isn't a crush I just rejected, this was supposed to be my happily ever after. I swallow harshly at my thought.

Though, this doesn't make me or my life any less valuable. I have big plans for myself, he will regret this, for letting me slip through his fingers like sand. I'll be okay.

Yet here I am, holding my breath, hoping that he will stop me from walking down the steps infront of me and through the front door of the castle.

Every step I take down the steps, is agony. I don't look back as I push the door open and walk through.

I let out a breath I didnt realize I was holding as the door closes behind me. I smile as Daniel waves at me, his arm around Riley. I look to Bain who has his arm around Navi, she leans her head softly on his chest looking at nothing in particular. They stand beside the SUVs waiting on me. I pick up my pace careful not to hurt my stomach and quickly climb in.

Navi climbs in beside me. Her head goes from being on Bains chest, to my shoulder.

A smile finds it's way to my face. The pain in my chest still there but softens slightly. I don't need a man or a mate, as long as my sister is here and by my side, that's all I'll ever need.