chapter 1

11 years later.
“ Navi !” My eyes snap open as my mother's high-pitched voice reaches my ears. I blink as I throw the covers off and sit up, rubbing the slumber from my eyes. I wish I could go back to sleep and not get up.

I stand and walk down the stairs of the attic to the second floor. Walking across the hall to the other staircase, then down into the kitchen. “Yeah, mom?” I ask, avoiding eye contact.

“Your first day of school is today. Hurry and get dressed, or your sister will leave without you.” She yells, but Annie smiles and shrugs her shoulders.

“It's okay, mom. I'm in no rush,” my mother glares at her, hushing her up. I send a small thank you with my eyes.
Annie is the only one nice to me. We aren't close, but civil to each other. I have learned that because I am a glitch, I am not wanted.

I nod as I run back upstairs into the attic that I called my room. I slip on a black tank top with a black sweater and dark blue jeans with my brown boots. Looking in the mirror, I brush my long blonde hair, then gather it and twist it up and placing a clip in it. I turn on my heels and enter the bathroom. I clean my teeth and apply mascara to my long lashes. I turn and step towards the exit as I glitch and teleport to the living room.

“Ready?” Annie asked.

I nod as I look around, trying to gather what happen. I don't speak as we then walk out as I shake my head and head towards the car. It is our first day at school, and I am incredibly nervous. Being a glitch causes me to get bullied and into a lot of trouble.
The fact that my teachers knew my parents didn't care that much about me meant they could let their anger out on me. Like once, my teacher was going through a nasty divorce, and I glitched and teleported out of class. When I walked in, he wrote me up for skipping.

They ground me for a month.

Annie sighs, “calm down, or you'll glitch worse, Navi.” We pull into the school, Wood way high, home of the bears, I nod as I step out after she parks. People stand around the front of the school talking, all in their groups. Calming down wouldn't do much. My glitching has its own mind.

Ignoring the stares and laughs and pointing fingers, I wander inside the school as my sister walks to her friends. I quietly walk to my locker and grab my things; the bell rings as I race to my first class, English 4. Walking in, I sit towards the back; students come wandering in keeping conversation with their friends as the teacher, Mrs. Alkin, strolls in, calling everyone's attention.

“The king has decided to throw a ball to find his mate, hopefully. Here are the flyers, so you can learn more about the dance,” she says as she hands them out to everyone. I grab one as I look down and read the fancy writing.

Masquerade ball
Saturday starting at 8 pm,
Grand music hall.

I raise a brow. I knew that the Alpha king wanted a mate, but to throw a ball? His wolf must be restless.

You see, there are five kingdoms. The one I live in is Red Stone Kingdom. Mostly wolves and power humans live here. A few other creatures live here, but wolves dominate, so there is a wolf king. Alpha King Bain Alexander Remington. His father, Former Alpha king Theodore Asphin Remington, and his mother, Former Luna Queen Athena Bralen Remington, stepped down from the throne a few years ago. I know its a lot to process.

The next kingdom is the Pure Blood kingdom. Vampires and witches mainly live there. They both hold the title of most powerful nations.
Next in line is Fae kingdom, home of fairies, they were huge in numbers but not as powerful.

Then you have the Flight kingdom. They were mostly dragon shifters who were more dragons than men. They weren't big in numbers but are very powerful but keep to themselves. Next is the Human kingdom, known for the weapons to keep any mystical being out.