chapter 28

I look at the tall slender woman, dead blue eyes. She holds a sandwhich and water. My stomach growls. I look in the mirror. I've lost weight. I'm weak. She hands me the sandwhich and water. I take it and eat it with out tasting or noticing what was on the sandwhich. I down the water. She takes the glass and again walks out.

Minutes pass, and my stomach starts to cramp. I start to feel nauseous.

I hold my stomach and lean against the wall as I start to sweat. I breath heavily. What is wrong with me.

It feels like something pushing at my chest, and now I'm soaked in sweat. I lean over, halfway on all fours and start to dry heave. I cry at the pain in my stomach increase from trying to throw up. What is going on?

Minutes pass from dry heaving and finally vomit leaves my mouth onto the floor. I move away from the vomit and lean back on the cool wall. I'm still sweaty. My body burns, my stomach cramps.
My body feels heavy, heavier than the chains on my hands.

Chadum walks in. He scrunchs his nose at the smell of vomit.

"Are you ready to marry me. I have the antidote for the wolfsbane and a shower calling your name."

I slowly raise my hand and flip him off. Before letting my hand fall. My eyes shut as I hear him shout profanities.

Darkness consumes me again.

***

I open my eyes. My reflection copying my movements. I look dead. How am I not dead. My eyebrows scrunch at the burns and cuts littering my body. I don't remember those getting there. Who tortures someone while they are sleeping. Or do I just not remember.

I sigh heavily.

I feel weak, my stomach hurts.

The door opens and the woman comes back in. Bread and water. She offers it to me. I ignore her.

She transfers the bread to the hand with water, holding them both. She takes out a clothe and wipes the vomit from my mouth, I dont protest. I'm to weak. She takes the water and brings it to my mouth.

"Take a sip, rinse your mouth out," she whispers so low I barely hear her.

I do as she says as she holds the water to my lips. I rinse my mouth and spit it back into the cup. She puts the water down and takes apart the bread and puts it to my mouth.

"Its not poisoned, I promise." I eye her for a moment, for once her eyes arent as lifeless. She seems to beg me with her eyes.

I open my mouth, she feeds me the bread, in small peices. "I'll be back with water." She whispers again, so low I almost dont catch it.

She rushes out the room.

Its silent, but the door opens and as she said before she is back with water.

She puts it to my mouth and I drink the lukewarm water.

"My name is Olivia." She whispers. "You have been here for two weeks. It is currently two thirty in the afternoon."

My eyebrows raise at the information. It feels as though she placed a piece of puzzle of my sanity back in place.

I dont say anything, but I try with my eyes to say thank you.

She gives me a ghost of a smile as she takes the empty cup and rushes out of the room.

I sit there for a minute. Staring at myself.

I stare at the concrete wall. A ghost of a broken smile on my face. I close my eyes and open my mouth as my hoarse voice cuts the silence. Taking over.
" Now I've heard there was a secret chord
That David played, and it pleased the Lord
But you don't really care for music, do you?" I smile at the scratchy tune.
"It goes like this, the fourth, the fifth
The minor fall, the major lift
The baffled king composing Hallelujah"