MOTB 2

#MOTB2

My mother once told me that love isn't included in our side, money and riches are more important than everything because it can always change things around. Without money, we are nothing. Without riches, we are nobody. I live my life having that principle, I grew up loving physical things I could hold only.

It's funny that I know how to love physical things I could hold but never felt it to anyone because no one taught me who to love or admire in this place, it was a given fact for children that they love their parents and admire them for giving the world up with a shared light of their hardships. And that's the only thing in my mind, I'd only love this family and my mother because everything I have here is from them.

"Eminence Bryleigh Azcon Zobel, that's my name." I introduced myself in front of the mirror, for my reflection to know my name.

I stared at the mirror and traced my features. I have a small face, thick long black hair 'till the curves of my waist, chocolate colour tantalizing deep eyes, pair of dark brows and long curly eyelashes, embossed narrow nose, pinkish thin lips and a small cleft on the center edge of my chin. I love my hair among them all because it was the softest part of my physique, and my voice. They said, my voice sounds always sweet and seductive even when the coming out words are not.

I inhaled and flashed a smile as I tuck my hair behind my ear, I put a hairpin with ruby crystals on the left side. Where to go today? It's Clair's birthday but she's not talking to me. Probably because of what I said to her last time about being friends with Venz, I just made a point because at the end of it, we both know they can't really be friends... what they have today is just temporary.

"Hoy!"

Napatalon ako nang marinig ang impit na sigaw ni Clairvaux sa akin, kumunot ang noo ko pero naunahan na ang labi ko ng malapad na ngiti.

"Clair!" I walked towards her and held her both hands. "Happy birthday! I missed you!"

I didn't expect she'd be here, hindi niya ako pinansin ng dalawang araw simula noong pagsabihan ko siya tungkol kay Venz.

She pulled her hands and put them across her chest while arching her brow. My heart contorted, I guess she's still upset?

"Namiss din kita at may cellphone na ako kaya hindi na ako manghihiram sayo. I'm here to pull you out with me,"

Naguluhan ako roon. "Huh?"

Wait... is she planning? Again? Seriously?

"It's my birthday, come on. Embry, let's sneak out today."

My heart pummeled, mabilis kong nilingon ang pintuan ng kuwarto. Tumakbo ako roon para isarado at binalikan siya.

"I can't." iling ko. "Mom told me to stay and wait for Silvanus."

Her eyes broadened, bumuntong hininga lamang ako at tipid na kinibit ang balikat.

"Oh my God! We're just fourteen! Don't tell me they're doing it now? You're promised to Silvanus?"

"Shhh." saway ko. "Hindi pa sigurado iyon, wala namang binanggit si Mommy tungkol doon."

That is not sure yet, but the way mother tells me to wait and be nice around is really hard to ignore. I don't want to overthink because I'm still a teenager, or mother does really want me to be comfortable now with the one who promised to me? It can be. Silvanus is a third degree cousin from Azcons.

"But isn't that too fishy. I mean, why would you wait for him? My gosh, Silvanus is a close cousin. Sana naman sa ibang clan ng Azcon ang ibagay sayo. Seriously..." problemado siyang napailing at sinapo ang noo.