Chapter 2: Yuta vs Shiki

After rolling the dice, it was decided that Shiki will start off the duel.

"Duel!"

...

Shiki: Hand 4, LP 4000.

Yuta: Hand 4, LP 4000.

...

"I'll start off by normal summoning Legion, the fiend jester (Level 4, Dark, spellcaster, 1300, 1500). Legion allows me to tribute summon a spellcaster type monster during the main phase in addition to my normal summon."

Shiki looked up at Yuta to see if he had a reaction to the summon.

"Go ahead." Yuta told him.

"I'll use Legion's effect to tribute himself for Trance the Magic Swordsman (Level 6, Earth, Spellcaster, 2600, 200),"

"When Legion is sent to the graveyard I can add a normal, spellcaster type monster from my deck to my hand. I'll add Neo the Magic Swordsman to my hand, set a card and end my turn."

...

End Phase

Shiki: Hand 2, LP 4000.

Yuta: Hand 4, LP 4000.

Yuta's turn

...

"Already starting off with Trance the Magic Swordsman and a set card, I have to play carefully." Yuta thought to himself.

"I draw for turn and summon Warrior Dai Grepher (Level 4, Earth, Warrior, 1700, 1600)."

"Next I'll activate Blustering Winds. This spell card allows me to increase the attack of one of my monsters by 1000 until my next turn."

(Warrior Dai Grepher: 1700 → 2700)

"Okay, that's fine." Shiki placed his hand down and watched Yuta carefully.

"Next, I'll activate Shard of Greed, it's a continuous spell that each time I draw a card in my normal draw phase I put a greed counter on it, then I can send this card with two or more greed counters on it to draw two cards."

Yuta let out a deep sigh, he was still afraid of that set card Shiki had, and he knew Shiki well enough to know that attacking blindly was a terrible idea.

"What if Shiki just set that knowing I'd be fearful of it, and then waste a card getting rid of something that wasn't a big deal? I guess better safe than sorry." Yuta said to himself as he placed down Mystical Space Typhoon.

"Okay, I'm assuming you're destroying this?" Shiki held up his set card and Yuta nodded. Shiki smiled and placed it in the graveyard, Wall of Disruption. Yuta let out a sigh of relief, glad he didn't attack yet.

*Battle Phase*

"Alright, I'll attack with Warrior Dai Grepher."

"Alright, so I'll lose 100 life points." Shiki picked up the pencil and subtracted 100 from his life total.

"Pass turn."

...

End Phase

Shiki: Hand 2, LP 3900.

Yuta: Hand 2, LP 4000.

Shiki's turn

...

"My turn, I draw and summon Neo the Magic Swordsman (Level 4, Light, Spellcaster, 1700, 1000)."

"Next, I'll activate Full-Force Strike, this card allows me to target a monster I control, it cannot be destroyed and no player takes damage from attacks involving it, but at the end of the battle the monster it attacked is destroyed."