Chapter 6: Potential vs Diabolic

"Duel!" Both of them yelled, "I'll go first. Draw!" Nirui announced.

"First I'll activate Foolish Burial which allows me to send a monster from my deck to the graveyard," Nirui picked up his deck and quickly flipped through it until he threw down Destiny Hero Malicious (Level 6, Dark, Warrior, 800, 800).

"Next I'll summon Armageddon Knight (Level 4, Dark, Warrior, 1400, 1200), and his skill allows me to send a monster from my deck to the graveyard," Once again, Nirui looked through his deck, but stopped at Plaguespreader Zombie and dumped it in the GY.

"Now I'll use the skill of Malicious, by banning it face up I can special summon a copy of it from my deck," Nirui looked through his deck again and threw down a copy of Malicious on the field, "and now the effect of Plaguespreader Zombie (Level 2, Dark, Zombie, Tuner, 400, 200), I can place a card from my hand on the top of the deck to special summon it, but it gets banished when it leaves the field."

Nirui picked up Malicious and Plaguespreader and held them towards Shinji. "Using the level 6 Malicious and level 2 Plaguespreader I perform a synchro summon!" Nirui banished Plaguespreader and sent Malicious to the GY, then looked through his extra deck.

"I synchro summon Beelze of the Diabolical Dragon (Level 8, Dark, Dragon, Synchro, 3000, 3000). "Finally, I set a card and end my turn."

...

Nirui: Hand 1, LP 4000

Shinji: Hand 4, LP 4000

...

"Alright, I guess it's my turn. I draw," Shinji added the top card to his hand, and quickly scanned through his hand, looking back up slightly to take a glance at Nirui's field.

"This is what I'll do. I'll begin by activating Red-Eyes insight, this card allows me to send a Red-Eyes monster from my hand or deck to the GY, then add a Red-Eyes spell/trap," Shinji picked up his deck and quickly flipped through it, stopping at Red-Eyes Black Dragon (Level 7, Dark, Dragon,2400, 2000) and dumping it into the grave."

"I add to my hand Red-Eyes Spirit, then summon Black Stone of Legend (Level 1, Dark, Dragon, 0, 0), and use it's effect. By tributing it from the field I can summon a level 7 or lower Red-Eyes monster from my deck,"

Once again, Shinji flipped through the deck, and then threw down Red-Eyes Black Dragon on the center column.

"Next I set two cards and move into my battle phase,"

*Battle Phase*

"I attack Armageddon Knight with Red-Eyes B. Dragon," Shinji pushed Red-Eyes towards Armageddon Knight, and moved his hand over to the paper and pencil.

"Upon declaration of attack I activate Draining Shield. This negates your monster's attack and I gain life points equal to the that attack," Nirui explained.

(Nirui: 4,000 + 2,400 = 6,400)

Shinji looked down at his hand and slowly bobbed his head side to side, "alright, your turn," Shinji said.

...

Nirui: Hand 1, LP 6,400

Shinji: Hand 2, LP 4000

...

"Draw for turn. I set two cards and move to the battle phase,"

*Battle Phase*

"Firstly, I'll swing with Beelze to deal 600 damage and destroy Red-Eyes," Nirui announced.

"Okay," Shinji subtracted 600 from his total, but then revealed Red-Eyes Retro Dragon from his hand, "upon my monster's destruction I activate Red-Eyes Retro Dragon (Level 4, Dark, Dragon, 1700, 1600) which allows me to special summon it in defense position and revive my fallen dragon," Nirui leaned back and started to tap his fingers on the plastic table they were playing on.