Chapter 14: Lucina vs Maka

Lucina let out a silent yawn as she stretched her limbs out. Lucina had stepped outside of the card shop, and it was surprisingly pleasant. When she stepped outside she expected to be greeted with the sound of car engines and power tools, but no. It was quieter than she imagined, and she loved every second of it... before it got boring.

"Is something the matter?" a feminine voice called out from the silence.

Lucina looked up with a rather surprised expression, and turned to the voice to see a red haired female standing by her side. She wore her hair in a ponytail, and was dressed in a white blouse and black skirt that fell past her knees.

"Not really. Just came out here to get some fresh air. In fact I was about to head inside that shop," Lucina pointed over to Arsenal Card Shop, and the mysterious female nodded.

"Okay," The red head said silently. She helped Lucina up and they both started to head off their own seperate ways when the girl suddenly stopped, "You wouldn't happen to know a person called Yuta right?"

Lucina stopped right at the door, and then turned to the female, "Yeah. He's a friend of mine. Black hair that goes to his shoulders, about this tall?" Lucina raised her hand about two inches above her head.

"Yeah... Is he in there right now?"

"Yup. Why do you ask?"

"No reason in particular. He just seems familiar to me,"

"Alright... You know you can hang out with us if you want, right?"

"Really? You wouldn't mind?"

"Nah. Not at all. We aren't even doing anything too serious, and you seem fun to hang out with,"

The red head nodded and started walking towards Lucina. "Alright thanks. The name is Maka Naru,"

"Nice name. Mine is Lucina Yuki,"

Lucina shook Maka's hand and they continued into the card shop together, stopping only when they reached the back part where everyone was.

"Hey there Maka," Silas said while placing his hand on the table. While Lucina was gone Shinji decided to challenge Silas.

"Hey Silas. It's been a while huh?" Maka asked, taking a seat in front of Lucina.

"Yeah. It has." Yuta answered for Silas.

Maka nodded, and turned back over to Lucina. "So do you also play?" Maka asked.

"Of course. If you play as well we could have a match if you want,"

Maka nodded and took out her deck. "It'll be nice practice for the school tourney,"

"So you're going as well?"

"Yeah, but just for some fun. I don't expect to win," Maka let out a nervous laugh and looked down at the deck in her hands.

"I understand. I'm in the same boat actually... So are you ready?"

Maka nodded and cut Lucina's deck while Lucina did the same.

"You don't mind I go first, do you?" Maka asked.

"Not at all. Go right on ahead,"

"Right. Thanks," Maka said while drawing the top five cards.

*Duel Start: Format: Speed Duel*

"I draw set three cards facedown. That ends my turn,"

...

Maka: Hand 3, LP 4000, Set Spell/Traps: 3