Chapter 17: Yuta vs Shinji

Note: If anyone is wondering, present and future, why the publish time between this chapter and the last one was so long is because I've been trying to improve my writing, because I felt inferior to other writers both on here and in my school. I probably haven't improved too much though.

Rules: Four monster/spell/trap zones. Five thousand LP. 30 to 40 card decks. 10 card extra deck.
"You ready Yuta?" Shinji asked as he raised his left arm; the duel disk on his forearm blinking on.

"As ready as I'll ever be," Yuta told him in response.

*Duel Start: Yuta's turn*

"I draw and activate Pot of Greed,"*Yuta's hand: 6 --> 7*

"Next I summon Goblindbergh and use it's skill to special summon Heroic Challenger: Assault Halberd. Xyz Summon! Comics Hero King Arthur! I set two cards and end my turn,"

*Turn End*

Yuta: Hand 3, LP 5000, Set Spell/Traps 2

Shinji: Hand 5, LP 5000, Set Spell/Traps 0

*Turn Start: Shinji*

"I draw and activate Graceful Charity. This card draws three, but discard two. I discard Red-Eyes Black Dragon and Destiny Hero Malicious. Next up is Monster Reborn to special summon Red-Eyes Black Dragon, and use the effect of Malicious to special summon another one from my deck by banishing it. I now normal summon Fleur Synchron and perform a synchro summon using Fleur and Malicious to special summon Stardust Spark Dragon."

Shinji nodded to himself, then looked Yuta dead in the eyes. Yuta looked confident, but Shinji held the same confidence.

"I special summon Plaguespreader Zombie from my hand using Fleur's effect and perform a second synchro summon! Using Plaguespreader and Red-Eyes to summon Giganticastle. Zombie's effect from grave lets me put a card from my hand to the top to special summon it back onto the field. Stardust Spark Dragon's effect grants immunity to Giganticastle, then I use it as another synchro summon. I summon Dragocytos Corrupted Nethersoul Dragon,"

*Battle Phase*

"Giganticastle attacks Comics Hero Arthur!"2400 vs 3100

*Yuta's LP: 5000 --> 4300*

"I use Comics Hero's effect. I negate it's destruction and it gains 500 additional attack.2400 --> 2900

"Next up is Nethersoul Dragon. Attack!"2900 vs 4000

"Comics Hero's effect activates once again!"

*Yuta's LP: 4300 --> 3200*

*Comics Hero: 2900 --> 3300*

*Main Phase 2*

"I set a card and end my turn,"

*Turn End*

Yuta: Hand 3, LP 3200, Set Spell/Traps 2

Shinji: Hand 1, LP 5000, Set Spell/Traps 1

*Turn Start: Yuta*

"I draw and activate Black Pendant, increasing the attack of Comics Hero by 500,"*Comics Hero: 3300 --> 3800*

"Next up I flip open a face-down," The face-down card on the left flipped open to reveal Monster Reborn.

"I select your Red-Eyes, then immediately sacrifice it for Heroic Challenger - War Hammer."As soon as War Hammer hit the field the other face-down card flipped up revealing Moon Mirror Shield.

"I equip Moon Mirror Shield to War Hammer then equip your Nethersoul Dragon with the Axe of Fools. This increases it's atk by 1000, but negates its effects,"

"So it looks like the two face-down were a bait. His real target was a powerful monster of mine to steal with Monster Reborn, then to sacrifice it for War Hammer. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit," Shinji thought as he tilted his head to the side.

*Battle Phase*

"I attack Nethersoul with War Hammer!" 2100 vs 5000

Moon Mirror Shield Effect activates

5100 vs 5000

*Shinji's LP: 5000 --> 4900*

"War Hammer's effect activates, stealing your Nethersoul Dragon and equipping it to War Hammer to give it's atk to itself,"

*War Hammer: 2100 --> 6100*

"Next up I activate MST destroying my Moon Mirror Shield and placing it at the bottom,"

*Yuta's LP: 3200 --> 2700*

"So he decided to destroy Moon Mirror Shield instead of my face-down? He's playing this game dangerously. Can't say I don't appreciate it though,"

"Comics Hero attacks Giganticastle!"3800 vs 3100

*Shinji's LP: 4900 --> 4200*

*Turn End*

Yuta: Hand 1, LP 2700, Set Spell/Traps 0

Shinji: Hand 1, LP 4200, Set Spell/Traps 1

*Turn Start: Shinji*

"I draw and flip open my face-down Red-Eyes Fusion. Sending Red-Eyes Gearfried and Red-Eyes Black Dragon to special summon Red-Eyes Slash Dragon..."

Those last words were drawn out, then Shinji smiled.

"This is game over Yuta," Shinji told the duelist.

"What do you mean?" The smile on Yuta's face vanished and was replaced with confusion.

"With Red-Eyes Fusion the name of Slash becomes Red-Eyes Black Dragon, allowing the use of this," Shinji held up Inferno Fire Blast and slid it into an open slot on the duel disk.

"Inferno Fire Blast allows me to chose one Red-Eyes Black Dragon on my field, and deal you burn damage equal to its original atk. The atk of Slash Dragon is 2800 while your life is at 2700. You played it risky by destroying your Moon Mirror Shield to increase the amount of damage to near game-ending atk, but not like it mattered. I could have summoned Meteor Black Comet Dragon instead and burned you to death either way,"

Shinji explained to Yuta, then held his right hand in the air and brought it down, causing Red-Eyes Slash Dragon to launch a fireball.

*Winner: Shinji*