Chapter 18: Lucina vs Shiki

Yuta walked over to his group of friends and sat down with a hefty sigh.

"Don't worry Yuta. You got another chance in the losers bracket," Shiki said in an attempt to cheer him up.

"Its not that Shiki. In fact I could care less that I lost to Shinji. I knew I wasn't going to win, but the thing that's getting to me is the fact that I played it careless,"

"It's no big deal Yuta," Lucina started. "Just be more careful next time," Lucina and Shiki stood up and started to walk off.

"Okay. Have fun you two," The two friends nodded back at him.

*Duel Start: Lucina*

"I draw and summon Agent Venus, then pay 500 life points three times to summon three Mystical Shine Balls from my deck. Next I use White Elephant's Gift. This card gets rid of a normal monster of my choice and I draw two cards,"

*Lucina's LP: 5000 --> 4500*

*Lucina's Hand: 6*

"I use Double Summon, allowing for another normal summon or set, and sacrifice the other to Shine Balls to summon Splendid Venus,"

(2800 atk)

"I set a card and end my turn,"

*End Turn*

Lucina: Hand 3, LP 4500, Set S/T 1

Shiki: Hand 5, Lp 5000, Set S/T 0

*Turn Start: Shiki*

"I draw and start by summoning Legion the Fiend Jester, then use his skill to perform a tribute summon; Sacrificing him for Trance The Magic Swordsman,"(2600)

"Legion's second effect. When it's sent to the grave I can add a normal spellcaster type monster from my deck or grave to my hand. I add Cosmos Queen and special summon her using Ancient Rules."

*Battle Phase*

"Cosmos Queen attacks Agent Venus,"(2400 vs 1600)

"Hold up there Shiki! I use Half Counter. This card activates during damage calculation and gives the monster I control half the atk of the monster it battles until the end phase,"

*Agent Venus: 1600 --> 2800*

(2400 vs 2800)

*Shiki's LP: 5000 --> 4600*

*Main Phase 2*

"I set two cards and end my turn."

*End Turn*

Lucina: Hand 3, LP 4500, Set S/T 0

Shiki: Hand 1, Lp 4600, Set S/T 2

*Turn Start: Lucina*

"I draw and tribute Venus for Airknight Parshath, then using the effect of Neo-Parshath to tribute the normal one to summon him. Next up I activate The Sanctum of Parshath."

(1600 --> 1900)

(2300 --> 2600)

(2800 --> 3100)

*Battle Phase*

"I attack Trance with Splendid Venus,"(2100 vs 3100)

"I flip open Draining Shield,"

*Shiki's LP: 4600 --> 7700*

Lucina let out a sigh and looked down at the other set card of his. "Knowing Shiki that's a card to boost his monster's atk. I better get rid of it before I do anything stupid,"

"I activate Mystical Space Typhoon to destroy your set card,"

Shiki smiled and held up the set card so Lucina could see. "You probably thought this was a card to boost my monster's atk. You would normally be right, but I'm here to win. Waking the Dragon is a trap card that when destroyed or banished by my opponent allows me to special summon from the deck or extra deck. I summon Raidraptor - Ultimate Falcon,"

Lucina stood there stunned for a handful of seconds, then closed her eyes and laughed a bit. "Alright. You got me. After all, I'm not in it to win, but I will fight to the end." She said.

"Neo-Parshath attacks Trance,"

(2600 vs 2100)

*Shiki's LP: 7700 --> 7200*

"I guess I have to end my turn there. Good game Shiki,"

"Yeah. Good game Lucina. Good luck on the losers bracket though,"

*End Turn*

Lucina: Hand 0, LP 4500, Set S/T 0

Shiki: Hand 1, Lp 7200, Set S/T 0

*Turn Start: Shiki*

"I draw and summon Gemini Elf, then use Back-Up Rider on Gemini Elf to increase it's atk by 1500,"

(Gemini Elf: 1900 --> 1400)

(Gemini Elf: 1400 --> 2900)

*Battle Phase*

"I attack Splendid Venus with Ultimate Falcon,"

(3500 vs 3100)

(Lucina's LP: 4500 --> 4100)

(Gemini Elf: 2900 -->3400)

"Next up I attack Neo-Parshath with Gemini Elf,"
(3400 vs 2600)

(Lucina's LP: 3300)

*End Turn*

Lucina: Hand 0, LP 3300, Set S/T 0

Shiki: Hand 0, Lp 7200, Set S/T 0

*Turn Start: Lucina*

"Yeah. There's no way I'm gonna win," Lucina thought as she looked at the Parshath in her hand. "Welp, it was fun at least."

*Winner: Shiki*