Chapter 4: Ama vs Ryuki

"Duel!" The two combatants yelled.

"I start off by playing the continuous spell Soul Absorption," Ama said.

"This card allows me to gain 500 life points each time a card is banished, then I'll activate Allure of Darkness." Ama looked up to Ryuki and he nodded, showing he had no reaction.

"I draw two cards and banish a dark monster," Ama explained as she drew two cards, "and the card I chose to banish is Doom Shaman (Level 6, Dark, Spellcaster, Gemini, 2400, 2000)."

(Soul Absorption effect: 4000 → 4500)

"Next, I'll activate D.D.R. Different Dimension reincarnation. By discarding a card I can special summon a banished monster. I discard Archfiend Emperor, the First Lord of Horror (Level 8, Dark, Fiend, 3000, 2000) to special Doom Shamen." Ama once again looked up at Ryuki, who gave her a bored look.

"Okay. By normal summoning Doom Shamen I can special summon a Fiend type monster from my hand or graveyard to the field. I special summon Archfiend Emperor from my grave."

"Now I'll activate Gold Sarcophagus. I ban a card from my deck face up, and by the time my second turn rolls around I get to add it to my hand." Ama looked through her deck and banned Card of Demise.

(Soul Absorption effect: 4500 → 5000)

"Finally, I set a card and end my turn."

...

Ama: Hand 0, LP 5000

Ryuki: Hand 4, LP 4000

...

"I guess it's my turn. I draw and activate Trade In. This allows me to discard a level 8 monster in order to draw two cards. I discard Dragon Spirit of White." Ryuki said with a dull voice, barely any emotion left inside of it.

"Next, I'll activate Return of the Dragon Lords to revive Dragon Spirit of White," Ryuki explained.

"Hold up. In response to Return of the Dragon Lords I will activate Fiend Griefing. I target a monster in your grave and shuffle it back into your deck, then I send a fiend type monster to my graveyard from my deck." Ama shuffled back Dragon Spirit of White and sent Relinkuriboh to her graveyard.

"Okay, then I'll activate the effect of my Blue Eyes Alternative White Dragon." Ryuki revealed Blue Eyes White Dragon and special summoned his monster.

"Next, I'll summon White Stone of Legends and activate the effect of Alternative, nuking Archfiend Emperor."

Ama narrowed her eyes and sent Archfiend away.

"Next I'll synchro summon for nine. I'll go into Vermillion Dragon Mech (Level 9, Machine, Fire, 2700, 1800), then by banning a tuner from my hand, field, or graveyard I can destroy a card on the field. However, first i'll use the effect of White Stone of Legend, adding Blue Eyes White Dragon to hand."

Ryuki banned White Stone of Legend in order to destroy Doom Shamen.

(Soul Absorption effect: 5000 → 5500)

*Battle Phase*

"I'll attack directly with Vermillion Dragon Mech" Ryuki said, pushing Dragon Mech forward a bit, "Then I'll end my turn."

...

Ama: Hand 0, LP 2800

Ryuki: Hand 3, LP 4000

...

"My turn. I draw and activate my skill," Ama flipped over her skill card to reveal Compensation. "I can activate this skill every time my life points decrease by at least 1000 points. I send the top card from my deck to the graveyard and gain 300 points of life."

Ryuki sighed and flipped over his skill card. "I activate the skill called Anti-Skill. This skill negates a skill of my opponent once per duel, then I draw two cards." Ryuki explained, drawing two cards from his deck,

"Fine. Then I'll set a spell/trap face down and end my turn."

...

Ama: Hand 0, LP 2800

Ryuki: Hand 5, LP 4000

...

"My turn. Draw," Ryuki looked at his hand, then looked over to that set card of Ama's."I'll use Mystical Space Typhoon to destroy your set card."

Ama let out a tsk and sent Drowning Mirror Force to the graveyard.

"I'll summon White Stone of Ancients (Level 1, Light, Dragon, Tuner, 600, 500) and attack with Vermillion Dragon Mech."

Ama fell back in her chair and started scooping her cards up.

Winner: Ryuki Tanaka

Ryuki stood up, slipped his cards into his duel pouch and started to walk off. Yuta looked over at Ama to see her hands clenched into fists and glaring down at the table. Yuta sighed and stood up, then ran after Ryuki.

"What's your problem?" Yuta asked, catching up to Ryuki outside the store. Ryuki looked over his shoulder and closed his eyes.

"She wasn't strong enough," was all he said before he started walking off again.

"Hold it! You can't say that! She put up a good fight, and this game is meant for fun after all," Yuta tried to explain.

"First of all, she was nowhere close to winning against me. Out of the two hundred duels I've had, I've never lost," Ryuki began to explain, "and to me Yugioh is all about power. It may be fun for you, but not to me." Ryuki explained, walking off once again.