A Change

Edwin fell asleep shortly after he sat on his bed. When he woke up he didn't feel much better. Muffled chatter came from outside his locked door.
"Oh god. The boys are back" he noticed.
A firm knock followed shortly after his thought.
"Ed? You in here?" It was Nick.

Nick was Edwin's closest friend within the band. They shared a room together and usually talked for hours until they fell asleep. Edwin felt comfortable around Nick. Nick felt the same way. With them both recently coming out of long relationships, they were always there for each other. Edwin pondered whether to tell Nick about his feelings. As he was thinking, Nick knocked again.

He got up to unlock the door.
"Hey. Sorry I was just taking a nap."
"No worries. Quick question, why was the door locked? You usually keep it open." Nick questioned.
Edwin always locks himself away when feeling panicked. He wasn't sure if Nick knew that.
"I guess I just forgot to open it again after I changed." He lied.
"Oh alright. I think the rest of the guys and I are going out to a club tonight. You want to join us?"

Edwin had been turning down all his band mates offers to hang out recently. They always wanted to go out to clubs. He wasn't even of legal age. Zion had bought everyone fake IDs as a "gift" one time. Edwin still hadn't used his. The other boys usually enjoyed hooking up with girls for the night. It never turned into anything serious. Then, a bold idea popped into his mind.

"Sure! I'll go!" Edwin said with excitement. "Really? Sweet. I feel like you never go out with us anymore. The guys will be excited. I'm going to go tell them." Nick said with a wide smile. He seemed genuinely happy that Edwin was excited. It was a change from his normal mood. A change Edwin needed.