Explanations

It was December 30th. One day before New Year's Eve. The whole house seemed nervous, but maybe it was just excitement for the new year.

  "Can everyone come into the living room?" Brandon shouted so the whole house could hear. Everyone gathered, even Theo, who had been living with them since they got back. Brandon stood center and started,
"So, I have something to tell you guys. It's kind of...big and surprising so I guess I should just get into it." Edwin shot a look at Nick. "While you guys were away for Christmas I sort of...married Jess."
"HUH?" Zion's jaw dropped.
"I was drunk, she was drunk, it just seemed like a good thing to do at the time. It wasn't a good idea, but we're not getting a divorce. We love each other and maybe this is the start of a good future for me. I'm sorry none of you were there for my wedding." He made an awkward laugh. "With that said we are going to have a real wedding. I don't know when. We're handling a lot right now. I just thought you guys deserved to know."
"Brandon say sike bro." Zion was still in shock.
"I'm not kidding." Brandon showed him his ring.
"So you're really just fucking married now. Wild." Zion laughed. The others just looked surprised and had no words.
"Cmon guys I'm still the same person."
"Yeah but now you're with wife." Austin joked.
"What's really important is are you still down to party tomorrow?" Nick tried to make things less tense.
"Of course." Brandon eased up a bit.
"Party?" Theo asked.
"We always have a big party on New Year's Eve! Sound fun?" Edwin looked over to him as he nodded his head.